Skip to main content
Menu
Close Search

History

Teacher preparation at SDSU dates from 1904 and has undergone a number of changes over the years. The Department of Teaching, Learning, and Leadership (TLL) was created in 2009 when departments that were formerly part of the College of Education and Counseling and the College of Family and Consumer Sciences were combined to form the College of Education and Human Sciences. The name for the department was chosen in 2010. This change brought together into a single department programs in Early Childhood Education and Secondary Education that had previously been located in the separate colleges.