A.S. Harding was professor and head of the history and political sciences department at SDSC. He taught courses in history, political science, sociology, and economics. This collection consists mostly of material compiled by Harding while researching the history of South Dakota State University. Includes correspondence, research notes and finished writings.
Vivian Volstorff was Dean of Women, Director of Student Activities and professor of history. This collection consists of material from Volstorff’s time as Dean of Women, records from her work with campus organizations, planning documents, and personal information and correspondence. Also included are Volstorff’s many speeches and writings, including research and drafts for her book, Winds of Change.
Ruth Ann Alexander was professor and head of the English Department. This collection is composed of files related to her writing and speeches, records related to her term on the Brookings School Board, Chautauqua, and with her term as head of the English Department. Also included is material related to various other activities in which Alexander was involved.
John E. Miller was a history department faculty member and author of many articles and books. The collection is composed of research on Brookings County, SD, South Dakota State University, the Brookings County Democratic Party, Hubert B. Mathews, Hubert Jean Mathieu, and other collected research related to his writings and oral history interviews.
Jim Dornbush was a member of the Civil Engineering faculty. He did extensive research and consultation in water pollution control and sanitary engineering. This collection is composed of reports on experiments conducted at the Big Stone Power Plant, collected material, files related to his consulting work with Dorand Engineering Services, personal material consisting of correspondence, class lectures, research, community involvement, and publications.
J.P. Hendrickson was a professor and head of the political science department. This collection is composed of material collected by J.P. Hendrickson in his work with the South Dakota Constitutional Revision Commission and the writing of the Home Rule Charter for Brookings, South Dakota in 1996. Folders contain reports, commission documents, minutes, correspondence, material relating to constitutional amendments, and notes.
Robert T. Wagner, president of South Dakota State University, 1985-1997. Papers related to his career at SDSU as a teacher and administrator.
Allen Barnes was Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences from 1967-1985. This collection consists of material related to the Centennial celebration of South Dakota State University, Barnes’ term as Dean of Arts and Sciences, and his work on getting a Performing Arts Center established on campus.
A.L. Musson was a professor and head of the animal science department. This collection consists primarily of items collected by Musson on a trip to Somalia and East Africa in 1954. Also includes correspondence and research resulting from the trip.
American poet, poet laureate of South Dakota (2002-2015) and professor of English at South Dakota State University. This collection is composed of manuscripts, publications, correspondence, reviews, and writings by David Allan Evans.
Edward Hogan was professor and head of the Geography Department. This collection consists of appointment books, correspondence, clippings, certificates, biographical material, photographs, material published by Dr. Hogan, and material collected by Dr. Hogan in his research.
Dr. Richard C. Wahlstrom was a professor at South Dakota State University who served as Head Professor in the Department of Animal Husbandry. He later served as the Department Head of Animal Husbandry for eight years. The collection is comprised mainly of articles written by Wahlstrom and associates as well as speeches and talks given by Wahlstrom relating to his research involving the swine nutrition.
Joye Ann Billow was a professor of pharmaceutical sciences and licensed pharmacist throughout her career. She joined the South Dakota State University College of Pharmacy faculty in 1972 and served for 30 years until her retirement in 2002. She was faculty advisor to the SDSU Chi chapter of the Kappa Epsilon Fraternity for women pharmacy students. The collection is primarily composed of collected photographs, Billow’s awards and writings, and her family’s genealogical documents.
David F. Pearson began his career as a professor of Economics at South Dakota State College in 1957. In 1959, President Briggs appointed him Special Assistant to the president. In 1973, he was name to the newly created position of Vice President of Administration. The collection contains files from the office of David F. Pearson while serving as Vice President for Administration and consists mainly of correspondence and files dealing with the F. O. Butler Foundation, the engineering controversy of the early 1970s, and material dealing with the celebration of the United States Bicentennial celebration on the campus of South Dakota State University.
Artificial collection composed of articles and publications written by South Dakota State University faculty.