Student wireless can be accessed through the SDSUStudent network. Students, once accepted, will be contacted by the admissions office with their account name and temporary password. This network provides access throughout the resident halls, academic classrooms and study areas. Students connecting to this network must have an active student account. To connect to the SDSUStudent network, you will use your MyState username and password.
WiFi is now available to allow the following devices and more to connect to the Internet and stream videos. To connect a device in your residence hall rooms, look for the WiFi network called SDSUIoT. This WiFi network is for streaming and gaming devices only. Make sure to connect laptops and mobile devices to the SDSUStudent wireless network. Connecting to the IoT network will require a passcode; you can get this passcode off MyState.
- Smart TVs
- Roku devices
- Amazon Fire TV Sticks
- Chromecast devices
- Nintendo Wii, Wii U and Switches
Currently, all residence halls are wired with active network ports. Upon arrival at your designated resident hall, you should plug in and connect to the campus Ethernet network. User-based authentication needs to be set up on your computer before you connect. Wired access is available in residence halls and must be set up by filling out the Network Device Registration form with your SDSU credentials.
Devices that are supported on Ethernet in the residential halls:
- Apple TV
- Most Smart TV's
- Some Roku Devices
Devices Not Supported
Wireless printers and voice controlled speakers are not supported on the SDSUStudent or SDSUIoT networks.
Devices Not Allowed
Personal wireless access points, switches and splitters are not permitted on our network.
Before a game console can successfully connect to the Ethernet on our network, the user must first register the Wired MAC Address on our system through MyState.
In addition to Game Consoles, Blu-ray players, smart TVs, and other devices that can connect via a wired connection, other than desktops or laptops, are registered through this form.
Here are the steps a student needs to follow to register your console:
- Log onto MyState.
- Got to 'Dashboard' tab and select 'Form'.
- Select 'Network Device Request Form'.
- Enter the Device's Wired MAC Address.
- The console will need to have an Ethernet cable plugged in and connected to the port in the wall for the console to show it's Wired MAC Address.
- Users may have to search online on how to locate their console's wired MAC address.
- Enter the MAC address with no spaces or colons.
- MAC Addresses only contain the Letters A-F, and the numbers 0-9.
- After the form is filled out it could take about an hour until your device is working.
If you have any issues or your MAC address will not register in the form, contact the Support Desk.