Senator Petitions Available Now!
The annual Students’ Association election is coming up on March 24th and 25th. To run in the election, students must fill out a petition packet and gather signatures from other SDSU students in their academic college. Petitions are available in the Students’ Association office along Main Street in the University Student Union. Learn about the petition process and find more information on the SA website.
Request a Petition Electronically
Students who are temporarily located remotely (e.g., off-campus internship, study abroad, etc.) or who cannot pick up a printed petition in the Students' Association office may obtain an electronic petition to print on their own. Signatures must be collected on a printed petition and cannot be collected electronically, but this allows students who are unable to pick up a printed petition in the SA office to print their own petition.
Contact the Students' Association Vice President to request an electronic petition packet.
Contact the Students’ Association Vice President with any questions about the election or how to become a Students’ Association senator for your college.
Important Election Dates
- Monday, February 3rd – Nominations for SA President and Vice President open
- Nominations can be made during SA Senate meetings on February 3, February 10, and February 24.
- Tuesday, February 4th – Senator petitions open
- Petitions can be picked up from the Students' Association office along Main Street in the University Student Union.
- Monday, February 24th – Nominations for SA President and Vice President close
- Friday, February 28th – Senator petitions close
- Completed petitions must be turned into the Students' Association office by 5:00pm CST.
- Wednesday, March 4th – Mandatory candidate meeting at 6:00pm in the Lewis & Clark Room
- This meeting is required for all candidates to review campaign policies, verify ballot information, and have official headshots taken.
- Week of March 16th-20th – Debates for senatorial and presidential/vice presidential candidates will be held for contested races (schedule TBA)
- Tuesday, March 24th and Wednesday, March 25th – Students' Association election
- Polls are open from 8:00am until 5:00pm each day. Voting is available online or at select polling locations across campus.
- Monday, April 13th – All new senators and the president-elect and vice president-elect will be sworn in during the SA Senate meeting at 7:00pm in the Lewis & Clark Room of the University Student Union