Students' Association Senate to host upcoming meetings via Zoom video conference
The Students' Association Senate will hold its regular weekly meetings on Mondays at 7:00 pm via Zoom video conference for the fall 2020 semester.
To join the Students' Association Senate meeting, please click the button below. If you are joining the meeting by phone, please see the dial-in information below.*
Enter the meeting passcode:
*Please note the meeting link and dial-in details may change for each meeting. This page will be kept up to date with each week's meeting information. Please email the Students' Association Communications Chair at SDSU.firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance joining the meeting.
How to Use Zoom
- If you have not already configured your Zoom account using your university-issued credentials, please visit sdstate.zoom.us to sign into your account. Once signed in, you can adjust your account settings, add a profile photo, and more. Please refer to the Zoom support website for additional help setting up your account. Please note: SDSU students do not need to create a new Zoom account. Each student has already been issued a Zoom account by the university.
- If you have not previously used Zoom on your device, visit zoom.us/download to download the Zoom client for desktop. The Zoom mobile application is also available for iOS and Android devices.
- Once installed, open the Zoom desktop application. Click Sign In, then click Sign In with SSO. Enter the company domain sdstate.zoom.us. A page will open in your web browser where you can enter your SSO/MyState credentials to sign in.
- To join the SA Senate meeting using Zoom, simply click the blue button above (or access Zoom via this link) and Zoom will open automatically. Alternatively, you can click Join in the Zoom app and enter the Meeting ID number (listed above) to join the meeting. A video tutorial is available on the Zoom support website. To join a test meeting, visit zoom.us/test.
- Meeting participants are able to share their screen in order to show a presentation or other visual aid. To share your screen during a meeting, click the green Share Screen button in the center of the bottom toolbar of the meeting interface. Depending on your operating system settings, you may need to enable permission for Zoom to share your screen. Users are encouraged to test out the screen sharing feature ahead of time in order to ensure the proper permissions are enabled. Please refer to the Zoom support website for additional help about screen sharing, including a video tutorial.
For general technical support about setting up your Zoom account using your SDSU credentials, please contact SDSU.SupportDesk@sdstate.edu. The Zoom support website is a great resource for additional help about using Zoom.
Video Conference Etiquette and Guidelines for Virtual SA Senate Meetings
- When joining a video conference meeting, users are highly encouraged to use video. In particular, SA senators are highly encouraged to use video when joining virtual SA Senate meetings. Using video enables richer communication experiences and more closely approximates an in-person meeting. Video also allows users to convey facial expressions, body language, gestures, and nonverbals better than audio alone.
- Meeting participants should mute their audio when not speaking. This helps minimize background noise and distractions. In Zoom, the mute audio button is located in the lower left corner of the meeting interface.
- In order to be heard clearly by everyone in the meeting, participants are encouraged to speak more slowly and clearly than they would in person.
- A strong, stable internet connection will provide the best experience and video quality. Users may consider closing other web-heavy applications or pausing large downloads when joining a video conference meeting.
- Please exercise patience and compassion during any technical issues that may arise. Many people may not have used video conferencing tools previously, and a helpful, positive attitude will help ensure the best experience for everyone. Conducting SA Senate meetings through video conference is a new experience and it may take time for everyone to learn the process.
Please contact SDSU.SACommunications@sdstate.edu with any questions about video conferencing or using Zoom to join SA Senate meetings.