A Place For Everyone.
Maximize your Jackrabbit experience during your time at South Dakota State University. Expand your views on the world by meeting fellow students from all walks of life. Succeed on and beyond campus through our many student success programs. Find your niche and get involved with student activities and programs that fulfill your personal interests. Feel safe in knowing our campus and surrounding community have been voted among the top safest places to live, learn and work. Make this campus, your campus.
SDSU students know there is no shortage of activities from which to choose right here on campus and in the Brookings community. University student life is abuzz thanks to the multitude of SDSU events and Brookings' status as a thriving college town.
- Attend an activity or join a student organization of your choosing.
- Cheer on the NCAA Division 1 Jackrabbits all year-round.
- Get your fitness fix through walking, individual workouts or intramural sports in the Miller Wellness Center.
- Indulge your more sophisticated side with a symphonic concert at the Performing Arts Center.
- Curl up in front of the fire with a good book at the University Student Union.
- Enjoy SDSU’s homemade ice cream at the Dairy Bar.
- Take a coffee break at Starbucks, Union Coffee or Einstein Brothers Bagels.
- Make use of campus dining for countless options for meals and snacks all over campus.
And that is only the beginning. Almost anything you might want is right here on campus—your campus.
A City That Delivers.
Located in eastern South Dakota along Interstate 29, Brookings is a town of about 23,000. Less than an hour from the state’s largest city of Sioux Falls, our safe, family-friendly community thrives on offering big-city amenities while maintaining its small-town feel. Residents enjoy clean and well-maintained roads and city parks, a variety of locally owned shops and restaurants, a short commute time within the city and plentiful career opportunities in a growing job market.
The dynamic between Brookings and the university creates a mutually beneficial relationship complemented by the energy of students and campus programming – athletics, arts and more – and the student-friendly, off-campus opportunities for entertainment, employment and service.