Information Exchange in the University Student Union (SSU150) completes campus-wide approval. Any posters that do not have the approved Information Exchange seal in the lower left corner will be removed.
To be approved, all posters must meet the following guidelines:
- Events/services must be open to the SDSU community, relate to a university approved organization and/or activity, and show obvious and legitimate sponsorship by:
- SDSU departments, offices or colleges
- SDSU recognized student organizations
- Official SDSU committees
- All posters must be hung on the designated bulletin boards in each building. Posters not hung on the designated boards will be removed.
- Posters must have an English translation of anything in another language.
- Use of SDSU copyrighted images must be approved via University Relations graphic identity guidelines. Questionable use of images will be referred to University Relations for their approval.
- Any content on event posting related to upcoming elections must comply with all laws regulated by South Dakota Secretary of State Office.
- Flyers cannot have the following: promotion of alcohol, alcoholic event, or other drugs, explicit sexual material, profanity, or ads that compete with Dining Services or the University Bookstore.
- Flyers may be posted as early as six weeks before the event.
- Poster size cannot exceed 12x18. Organizations must take down flyers after the event.
Residential Life Specifics:
- All flyers/posters/banners must be approved for posting by the CD/RHD, dated, and stamped with the hall name of the residence hall where they will be displayed before they will be posted.
- With permission of the CD/RHD, materials may be left on a table in each building lobby for promotion of off campus businesses or organizations. Such material must be consistent with Residential Life and university policies and philosophies.
- Organizations or individuals wishing to advertise or publicize in student mailboxes must follow guidelines noted in Residential Life “mail” and “solicitation” policy.
To request that your event be published on the calendars of the SDSU public website, email Web Support. To request your event be published on InsideState or MyState online, email the SDSU Support Desk.The Office of Web Development and Management reserves the right to reject items. For more information, please call 688-6134.
Approved Posting Locations
|Agricultural Engineering||Southeast Entrance on East Wall|
|Agricultural Hall||Southeast Entrance Near Room 139|
|Agricultural Heritage Museum|
Main Entrance Near Restrooms
|Alvida Myre Sorenson Center||North and South Entrances|
|Animal Disease Research||XXXXXX|
|Animal Science Arena||XXXXXX|
|Animal Science Complex||South Wall of Lobby Near Fountain|
|Avera Health and Science||West Vestibule on South Wall|
|Briggs Library||Main Floor Hall by Restrooms|
|Central Heating Plant||XXXXXX|
|Communications Center||West Entrance|
|Crothers Engineering Hall||Across From Room 214|
|Dairy Microbiology Building||West Side of Main Lobby|
|Deputy Military Hall||Across From Men's Restroom in Gym|
|Electrical Engineering and Computer||Southwest Entrance|
|Ethel Austin Martin Building||XXXXXX|
|Foundation Building - Old||East Wall Second Floor Near Top of Stairs|
|Grove Hall||North Entrance|
|Harding Hall||Main Entrance|
|Horticulture Building - Old||West Door|
|Horticulture Forestry Building||XXXXXX|
|Horticulture and Forestry Greenhouse||XXXXXX|
|HPER Center||East Entrance/Vending by North Wall|
|Industrial Arts Building||XXXXXX|
|Intramural Building||Southwest Entrance|
|Lincoln Music Hall||West of Stairs in Main Hall|
|Medary Commons||Lower Level Between Restrooms|
|Northern Plains Bio Lab||North Side of Main Entrance Outside Room 103|
|Performing Arts Center||XXXXXX|
|Physical Plant Building||XXXXXX|
|Plant Science Lab||South Entrance Near Drinking Fountain|
|Puglsey Continuing Education Building||Across from Vending Downstairs Right of Main Entrance|
|Rotunda for Arts and Science||West Vestibule Near Classroom Entrance|
|Scobey Hall||North Entrance Near Room 126|
|Seed Technology Lab||XXXXXX|
|Solberg Hall||South Entrance Near Intersection of Halls|
|South Dakota Art Museum||Outside Theatre/Lecture Hall|
|Student Wellness Center||North Vestibule|
|Tompkins Alumni Center||West Vestibule|
|University Sores and Services||XXXXXX|
|Veterinary Isolation Building||XXXXXX|
|Wagner Hall||Northwest and Southwest Entrances on East Side of Hall Near Vestibule|
|Wecota Hall||East Entrance|
|West Hall||Main Entrance|
|Wintrode Student Center||South Wall Near Lounge|
|Yeager Hall||Southwest Entrance on West Wall|