2021-2022 Guild Programs
In person at the South Dakota Art Museum and livestreamed via Zoom (click here to register for Zoom).
- Sept. 28, 2021: Donna Merkt | South Dakota Art Museum, Director | Off and Running!
- Oct. 26, 2021: Klaire Lockheart | Artist, Vermillion, SD | Miss Art World South Dakota
- Nov. 9, 2021: Museum Store Tree Trimming and Shopping (in person / no Zoom)
- Nov. 30, 2021: Jerry Fogg | Yankton Sioux tribal artist, Sioux Falls, SD | Native Soul
- Dec. 14, 2021: Holiday Party (in person / no Zoom)
- Jan. 25, 2022: Allyson Sheumaker | A.R. Mitchell Museum of Western Art, Executive Director, Trinidad, CO | A.R. Mitchell and Harvey Dunn
- Feb. 22, 2022: Pat Crawford | SDSU School of Design, Director | Integrating Art & Design: A Vision for the School of Design at SDSU
- March 22, 2022: Thomas Fluharty | Illustrator and art educator, Sioux Falls, SD | The Gift of Art and the Joy of Creating
- April 26, 2022: Ginny Freitag, | Sculptor and art educator, Mitchell, SD: A Life with Clay
- May 24, 2022: Don Montileaux | Oglala Lakota artist, illustrator and author, Rapid City, SD How I Got Here from There
- June 28, 2022: Guild Appreciation Party
2020-21 Guild Programs
The South Dakota Art Museum Guild provides invaluable volunteer support to the museum and hosts regular programs and excursions, open to the public. Please join us for these informative and fun events!
This year's programs will take place in person AND virtually via Zoom. With this blended approach, we'll gather in the museum from 9:30 to 10:00 for in-person social time. The 10:00 - 11:00 program and the short Guild meeting will be held in one of the museum's galleries AND livestreamed via Zoom.
Email reminders will also be sent to everyone on our Guild email list, so make sure we have your email by contacting Guild co-president, Lynnette Taylor at Linnet515@gmail.com.
Guild membership is encouraged but not required to attend. Dues of $20 per year support Guild programs and contribute to the museum's Art Acquisitions Fund.
Guild Officers - 2021-2022
- Co-Presidents: Lynnette Taylor and Harriet Swedlund
Vice President: John Rychtarik (Programs)
Secretary: Marsha Klein
Treasurer: Glynn Bartels
- Historian: Ann Eichinger
Members at Large: Linda Hoffelt (Welcome Desk) and Ginny Weeks (Hospitality)
- Family Day/Excursions: Prudence DeBates