Together we flourish!
We gladly accept gifts of all sizes – on Giving Tuesday and every day! Your gift of $30 or more qualifies you for a full year’s Membership, complete with Membership Benefits that include Museum Store discounts and invitations to exhibits, receptions and special events. And for gifts of $100 or more, you’ll receive free admission and store discounts at over 1,100 museums across North America through our new North American Reciprocal Museums (NARM) affiliation. NARM has already saved Members hundreds of dollars at other museums so this makes a wonderful gift for someone who travels or lives in a city with participating museums.
Membership contributions and private donations provide 25 percent of our funding, vital to sustaining the full range of our work–exhibitions, programs and collections. And thanks to loyal members, we are able to provide free admission for all visitors as well as free tours and educational programs for school groups, senior citizen groups and university students.
4 ways to give (and become a Member)
Give online, in person, by mail or by phone - whichever way you prefer:
- Visit the Art Museum giving page on the SDSU Foundation's website. Your gift of any amount $30 or more qualifies for Museum Membership. Make it a one-time or recurring gift. All contributions go directly to South Dakota Art Museum. - click here.
- Visit us at the South Dakota Art Museum, and ask at the front desk.
- Mail a check to the South Dakota Art Museum (Box 2250, SDSU, Brookings, SD 57007) with your name, address, email and phone number.
- Call the museum at 605-688-5423.
Whether you give directly to South Dakota Art Museum or through the SDSU Foundation, your contributions of any amount are tax deductible, and contributions $30 or higher qualify for a full year’s Membership.
- Individual: $30
- Family/Household: $45
- Contributor: $100 - $499
- Donor: $500 - $999
- Supporter: $1,000 and above
- 10% discount on Museum Store purchases.
- 20% discount on Museum classes and workshops
- Personal invitations to exhibits, receptions and special events
- The Satisfaction in knowing that YOU:
- Help sustain dynamic exhibitions and events
- Expand the depth of the collections through acquisitions
- Ensure the legacy continues through conservation efforts
Additional Membership Benefits at the Contributor level and above:
- New in July 2019: Reciprocal membership benefits (free admission, museum store discounts and event discounts) at over 1,000 North American 1,000 arts, cultural and historical institutions across North America as part of the North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Association®. Click here to find NARM museums where you'll be traveling.
Current Members at the Contributor Level or above will receive new Membership cards with your NARM benefits designation. Already a current Individual or Family Member? Just make an additional tax-deductible gift to the museum to bring you up to the $100 or more level and we'll extend your membership for another year and send you a new Membership card too.