Together we flourish!
We gladly accept gifts of all sizes! Your gift of $30 or more qualifies you for a full year’s Membership, complete with Membership Benefits that include Museum Store discounts and invitations to exhibits, receptions and special events. And for gifts of $100 or more, you’ll receive free admission and store discounts at over 1,100 museums across North America through our new North American Reciprocal Museums (NARM) affiliation. NARM has already saved Members hundreds of dollars at other museums so this makes a wonderful gift for someone who travels or lives in a city with participating museums.
Membership contributions and private donations provide 25 percent of our funding, vital to sustaining the full range of our work–exhibitions, programs and collections. Thanks to loyal members, we are able to provide free admission for all visitors as well as free tours and educational programs for school groups, senior citizen groups and university students. While the Museum and the Museum store are closed due to COVID-19, we are especially reliant on Membership support for our increased focus on virtual and online programming.
4 ways to give (and become a Member)
While we're closed, give online or by mail:
- Visit the Art Museum giving page on the SDSU Foundation's website. Your gift of any amount $30 or more qualifies for Museum Membership. Make it a one-time or recurring gift. All contributions go directly to South Dakota Art Museum. Click here to donate.
- Mail a check to the South Dakota Art Museum (Box 2250, SDSU, Brookings, SD 57007) with your name, address, email and phone number.
When we reopen, you can also:
- Visit us at the South Dakota Art Museum, and ask at the front desk.
- Call the museum at 605-688-5423.
Whether you give directly to South Dakota Art Museum or through the SDSU Foundation, your contributions of any amount are tax deductible, and contributions $30 or higher qualify for a full year’s Membership.
- Individual: $30
- Family/Household: $45
- Contributor: $100 - $499
- Donor: $500 - $999
- Supporter: $1,000 and above
- 10% discount on Museum Store purchases
- Additional Museum Store savings during Member appreciation sales
- 20% discount on Museum classes and workshops
- Personal invitations to exhibits, receptions and special events
- The Satisfaction in knowing that YOU:
- Help sustain dynamic exhibitions and events
- Expand the depth of the collections through acquisitions
- Ensure the legacy continues through conservation efforts
Additional Membership Benefits at the Contributor level and above:
- North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) benefits: Reciprocal membership benefits (free admission, museum store discounts and event discounts) at over 1,000 North American 1,000 arts, cultural and historical institutions across North America as part of the North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Association®. Click here to find NARM museums where you'll be traveling. Likewise, members at participating NARM museums who visit South Dakota Art Museum receive a 10% discount in the South Dakota Art Museum Store.