Together we flourish!
The South Dakota Art Museum is more than just art on the walls. The accredited museum is the state leader in preservation practices, museum standards and art education. Members are vital to the continued development of the South Dakota Art Museum, and in turn, the museum makes our members' lives much richer through the arts. In fact, Membership contributions and private donations provide 25 percent of our funding, vital to sustaining the full range of our work–exhibitions, programs and collections– and helping ensure that the museum remains free for all to enjoy.
Your tax deductible membership contribution will help sustain dynamic exhibitions and events, expand the depth of the collections through acquisitions and ensure our cultural heritage and legacy continues through preservation efforts. And thanks to loyal members, we are able to provide free admission for all visitors as well as free tours and educational programs for school groups, senior citizen groups and university students.
How Can I Join or Renew?
Join or renew your Museum Membership online, in person, by mail or by phone - whichever way you prefer:
- Visit the Art Museum giving page on the SDSU Foundation's website. Your gift of any amount $30 or more qualifies for Museum Membership. Make it a one-time or recurring gift. All contributions go directly to South Dakota Art Museum. - click here.
- Visit the Museum Store's website - click here.
- Visit us at the South Dakota Art Museum, and ask at the front desk.
- Mail a check to the South Dakota Art Museum (Box 2250, SDSU, Brookings, SD 57007) with your name, address, email and phone number.
- Call the museum at 605-688-5423.
Whether you give directly to South Dakota Art Museum or through the SDSU Foundation, your contributions of any amount are tax deductible, and contributions $30 or higher qualify for a full year’s Membership.
- Individual: $30
- Family/Household: $45
- Contributor: $100 - $499
- Donor: $500 - $999
- Supporter: $1,000 and above
- 10% discount on Museum Store purchases.
- 20% discount on Museum classes and workshops
- Personal invitations to exhibits, receptions and special events
- The Satisfaction in knowing that YOU:
- Help sustain dynamic exhibitions and events
- Expand the depth of the collections through acquisitions
- Ensure the legacy continues through conservation efforts
Additional Membership Benefits at the Contributor level and above:
- New in July 2019: Reciprocal membership benefits (free admission, museum store discounts and event discounts) at over 1,000 North American 1,000 arts, cultural and historical institutions across North America as part of the North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Association®. Click here to find NARM museums where you'll be traveling.
Current Members at the Contributor Level or above will receive new Membership cards with your NARM benefits designation. Already a current Individual or Family Member? Just make an additional tax-deductible gift to the museum to bring you up to the $100 or more level and we'll extend your membership for another year and send you a new Membership card too.