The South Dakota Art Museum is the state's artistic gem! The museum is the state's artistic center leading in preservation practices, museum standards and art education.
Our crown jewels:
- Curates 17 new exhibits each year, featuring South Dakota, regional, national and international artists.
- Leads in Visual Thinking Strategies, a visual arts program that uses art to teach thinking, communication skills and visual literacy.
- Supports local and regional artists through sales in the newly-remodeled Museum Store.
- Houses and cares for the world's largest Harvey Dunn collection.
- Collaborates with SDSU on bringing arts to the forefront by including traditional and digital art with music, dance, and theatre.
- Created the Harvey Dunn Grassland Preservation Project.
- Provides access to our collections for researchers and students, including internships, workshops and service learning opportunities.
- Preserves our collections for present and future generations. Watch conservation survey video.
- Living our mission everyday and caring for our state's artistic treasures.