At the South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum, our staff are working in conjunction with SDSU to ensure that your next visit to the museum will be as safe and healthy as possible.
One popular area of our museum that we are taking extra precautions with is our Ag-Xploration gallery, or our children’s play gallery. Those of you who have visited this area before know the excitement and joy that comes with learning through playtime with family and friends. With all the hands-on activities this gallery holds, we are taking extra time and energy to limit exposure to others and sanitize items to help stop any possible spread of COVID-19 or other illnesses.
To do this, we are looking forward to working with our visitors and patrons to make your next visit a great one! Here are some of the things we will be doing, specifically in the Ag-Xploration gallery:
- Reserve Your Time: To ensure ample time for disinfecting between guests, we are asking visitors wishing to use the Ag-Xploration gallery to reserve a time slot in advance. There will be five time slots to sign up for every day we are open (10-10:45 AM, 11-11:45 AM, 2-2:45 PM, 3-3:45 pm, and 4-4:45 PM on weekdays; 10-10:45 AM, 11:30 AM - 12:15 PM, 1-1:45 PM, 2:30-3:15 PM, and 4-4:45 PM on Saturday; and 1-1:45 PM, 2:30-3:15 PM, and 4-4:45 PM on Sunday). This will allow your group to spend 45 fun-filled minutes in the gallery while giving museum staff 15 minutes to clean surfaces and change out supplies before the next family or group comes in. We ask that visitors signing up limit themselves to ONE time slot per day to ensure everyone can get a chance to come visit the gallery. We will be using an online program called Sign-Up Genius to handle reservations. You can find a detailed video tutorial and the links to sign up at the bottom of this page.
- Limited Gallery Capacity: While you are visiting, we ask that you limit the size of your group to 10 people or less.
- Clean Toys and Surfaces: Before you arrive, staff will disinfect and provide a clean set of play items for your visit. After each visit, we will disinfect all Surfaces and items. These items include the railings, chairs, benches, Daisy the dairy cow, the chicken coop, play tractor, auger, and the farmers market booth.
To make this work, we need your help as museum visitors as well. We are asking all visitors to the museum’s Ag-Xploration gallery to do the following:
Starting Monday, May 10, 2021, South Dakota State University will be a “face coverings optional” environment.
- Self-Monitor for Symptoms:If you or someone in your family have tested positive for COVID-19 or are suffering any related symptoms (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea), reschedule your visit to the museum. You can find guidelines on what to monitor for and how to report any suspected on-campus exposures on the Campus Visitor page on the JacksRBack webpage.
- Sign-Up in Advance: As stated before, we are asking people to sign up to use the Ag-Xploration gallery in advance. If you do not sign up and there is no one signed up in that time slot, we will allow walk-ins.
These protocols will be in place while SDSU is in the orange and yellow COVID-19 status. You can find what status we are in by looking at the top yellow COVID-19 bar on this (or any other SDSU) webpage.
We understand that this is a lot of information, but we appreciate your cooperation as we navigate through these unprecedented circumstances. If you have any questions, please contact the South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum at 605-688-6226. Thank you, and we can’t wait to see you soon!
MAY 2021 SIGN UP *Please note that we will be closed on Monday, May 31 in observance of Memorial Day.
Sign-Up Genius Tutorial