Around 1955, a group of progressive farmers began efforts to create an association that would be concerned with agricultural research in southeast South Dakota. On May 3, 1956, a non-profit organization, the Southeast Experiment Farm Corporation, was formed. The purpose of the corporation was to acquire and disseminate information concerning crop and livestock production.
The business affairs of the corporation are handled by a very active Board of Directors. Members of the board are elected for a two-year term from each participating county. An annual meeting is held each year to allow members to review the activities of the corporation and hear reports on progress of research projects and make suggestions on research that may need to be added to solve upcoming problems. Because the corporation is non-profit, all funds generated by the corporation are used to advance research through improvement of buildings and facilities located at the station.
Farm Manager -Peter Sexton
This center comprises part of the SDSU Agricultural Experiment Station research infrastructure.