We're excited to feature your experience on our Snapchat.
Before you start, here are a few pointers to follow:
1. Give a shoutout.
Consider promoting your takeover through your personal social media channels the day before or the day of. Include the [@sdstate] account name so friends and family know where to follow.
2. Begin the takeover with a short introduction.
Include name, major and possibly hometown/title, department.
Think of adding leadership roles or involvements.
- "Hi Snapchat, my name is John Doe. I'm a senior XYZ major from Sioux Falls, and I'll be taking over the SDSU Snapchat today."
- "Hello Jackrabbits, My name is Dr. ABC. I am an assistant professor of economics here at SDSU."
- Don't worry about consolidating your introduction to only one snap. Feel free to expand with multiple snaps, so viewers have an understanding of who you are and the purpose of your takeover. Make sure to use captions.
3. Document activities throughout your day.
Aim to post at least once every hour. Include a mix of both photos and videos with captions.
- Activities can range from studying in the library to an athletic practice to a campus event. Showcase the fun you have during a typical day.
- Don't be afraid to ask peers to star in your videos alongside you. If you are a professor, ask your students if they would like to be featured.
- Activities can also include off-campus community involvements. For example: volunteering, enjoying a walk in the park, Frisbee golf, visiting the Brookings Humane Society, etc.
- Promote upcoming campus organization events you're involved in.
4. Mention a few of your own students/faculty tips and advice.
Favorite campus meal, a Jackrabbit (life) hack, your study spot, how you spend free time, etc.
5. Wrap up the takeover.
Consider including resources for viewers to get more information about the club, organization or academic department.
- "Thanks for joining me, Snapchat! Email [club president] if you'd like to get involved with [organization]. Go Jacks!"
- "I hope you had a great time following me today. Be sure to connect with me [email]. GO BIG, GO BLUE, GO JACKS!"
Keep these content tips in mind.
- Be fun and playful
- Share pictures and videos that are silly and funny
- Utilize captions
- Showcase the unique parts of SDSU
- Use correct grammar
- Be positive
Stories should not:
- Post inappropriate content (anything including/referencing sexual activity, drugs, alcohol, profanity)
- Post about controversial topics (politics, religion, the legal system, sexuality, medical conditions, etc.)
*Students are not given the direct account credentials. Learn more about our Snapchat software, Mish Guru, on Snapchat Campaigns.
Contact Andrew Sogn with further questions. Our team will be readily available during your takeover if you need Snapchat assistance, or if any problems arise.