Smarthinking – online tutoring is just a few clicks away
Continuing and Distance Education and SDSU have partnered with Smarthinking to provide online tutoring services to students enrolled in SDSU online courses. Smarthinking tutoring is available to students enrolled in SDSU online courses through D2L.
Free tutoring is available in a wide-range of subjects to support distance students enrolled in SDSU online courses.
- Business - question submission in the areas of accounting, economics, and finance.
- Computers & Technology - expert help from IT educators in topics such as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Mathematics & Statistics – question submission and support in basic math, Calculus, and more. Bilingual tutoring in Spanish is also available.
- Reading – support in reading comprehension, sentence skills, word level skills, and vocabulary development.
- Science – topics range from basic to advanced and include biology, general chemistry, introductory human anatomy and physiology, organic chemistry, and physics.
- Spanish – personalized feedback for improved writing, and assistance with grammar questions.
- Writing – detailed, personalized critique of any written assignment in any discipline, including cover letter and resume review. Access to ESL specialists available.
- Nursing & Allied Health – Smarthinking's tutors work through nursing and allied health problems and NCLEX prep with students online, using a virtual whiteboard.
A detailed list of the topics can be found via Smarthinking.com.
Smarthinking online tutoring services should be accessible through your SDSU online course. If you do not see Smarthinking in your course content, please reach out to your course instructor and/or Continuing and Distance Education.
Not sure how to utilize the online tutoring services? Smarthinking provides a variety of resources to help you navigate the online tutoring services to get the most out of your experience. Check out the short, information videos with Smarthinking.com.