The SDSU Rodeo Boosters are committed to spreading camaraderie and support for the rodeo program through a network of interested alumni, former and current team/club members, parents of current team/club members and friends of SDSU and rodeo.
This network is mobilized in various ways to promote friendships and to secure resources for:
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Enhanced scholarship offerings
- Increased coaching and staff support
- Team travel and related operational expenses
Heightening the Jackrabbit Definition of Excellence
The Boosters seek to grow the brand of SDSU and its rodeo program with engaged fundraising, marketing and events. To imagine a bold future for the team and its fans, the group aims to help:
- Develop a collegiate rodeo team that consistently ranks in the nation's top 5
- Recruit the sport's best and brightest talent
- Link the SDSU rodeo program to SDSU’s Wokini Initiative and tribal nations
- Elevate enrollment and the team’s support base
- Provide future opportunities for SDSU’s Rodeo Club members and rodeo athletes
The boosters encourage greater involvement and engagement with rodeo fans and SDSU alumni, transforming SDSU into a hub for collegiate rodeo competition and support for South Dakota’s state-designated sport.
The mission of the South Dakota State University rodeo program is to provide an exceptional collegiate rodeo experience to talented student-athletes of strong character who are serious students and committed to graduating with a marketable degree from SDSU, a comprehensive and highly regarded land-grant university.
Annual Membership Levels*
- Platinum Trail Blazers - $5,000 or more
- Gold Trail Bosses - $1,000-$4,999
- Silver Drover - $750-$999
- Bronze Wrangler - $500-$749
- Ranch Hand - $100-$499
Cumulative total of at least $50,000
*Public recognition and appreciation will be provided regardless of membership level
Mail checks to:
SDSU Foundation Lohr Building
815 Medary Ave Box 525
Brookings, SD 57007
Or for online credit card option:
Contributions are eligible for charitable deduction on federal tax returns.
On behalf of the SDSU Rodeo Boosters, we thank you for your support!
Ron Skovly (605-690-1359), Rodeo Program Coach, College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences
Clay Hoffman (605-697-7475 Ext. 1048 or 605-695-3153), Loyalty Giving Officer for the College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences