- Rhea Beryl DeHaven Stewart was a teacher and a farm homemaker. She served on the South Dakota Board of Education from 1947 to 1959 and was a contributor of poetry and prose to many publications. This is a collection of manuscripts and published works of Beryl Stewart as well as material she collected and scrapbooks she created throughout her career.
- Elmer Sexauer was chairmen of the board for The Sexauer Company, a seed business based in Brookings, SD. He and his wife, Cecile, enjoyed travel and provided funds for Sexauer Field, a track on the campus of South Dakota State University. Composed of postcards and other items related to trips taken by Elmer and Cecile Sexauer. Also includes diaries, scrapbooks and family materials collected primarily by Cecile (Welch) Sexauer.
- Finding Aid Download Finding Aid and Container List
- Finding Aid Download Finding Aid
- The 125th Anniversary Planning Committee was formed to guide the university through the celebration of its 125th anniversary. This collection is composed of materials produced and collection by the 125th Anniversary Planning Committee. Folders include minutes, clippings, event invitations and programs, publications, photographs, audio-visual material, departmental histories, and memorabilia.
South Dakota State University Archives & Special Collections contains the university archives, as well as material related to South Dakota history and life. These two general collection areas include manuscript and archival materials, books, serials, audiovisual materials, and photographs. We also house the Senator Thomas A. Daschle Congressional Papers and the Senator Thomas A. Daschle Congressional Research Study. Collections are accessible on the upper level of Hilton M. Briggs Library on the campus of South Dakota State University.
Explore our Collections
Correspondence, records, photographs, audiotapes, videotapes and other materials covering Senator Tom Daschle's professional life.
Records having permanent historical value to South Dakota State University, including administrative records, departmental and student group records, faculty papers, publications.
Papers, records, and published materials of South Dakota and alumni authors and primarily focused on twentieth century rural South Dakota.
Historical material about the Brookings, SD area. The George & Evelyn Norby Collection makes up the majority of this collection and includes newspapers and photographs of local interest, telephone directories, and area business promotional materials.
SDSU's open access institutional repository has the goal of collecting, preserving, and disseminating the intellectual and creative output of SDSU faculty, staff, and students while supporting the ongoing mission of South Dakota State as a land-grant university.
Prairie Striders Running Club Library
The Prairie Striders Running Club Library includes 636 volumes of books, about 5,000 periodicals and newsletters, and has the results of 16 annual races.
Jim Koch Amateur Wrestling Collection
Jim Koch Amateur Wrestling Collection - Coming Soon!