- Decide on your research project.
- Fill out ESDSEF Forms, and give them to your teacher.
- If your project requires pre-approval, all ESDSEF Forms must be sent to SDSU for review before you can start experimenting. Click HERE to get your project pre-approved. Your project must be submitted for pre-approval before February 21, 2020 or two weeks before your local fair, which ever is first.
- Start your experiment.
- Compete in local school fair (if your school has one).
- Find out if you are bringing your project to the ESDSEF.
- Once you confirm that you are able to come to the ESDSEF, Register at this Link
- Submit all appropriate ESDSEF Forms to website for final approval before competition.
- Category Descriptions will help you decide where and how your project will be judged.
If your project requires prior approval by the Science Review Committee and/or Institutional Review Board, teachers must send the ESDSEF Forms before you can start your experiment and the materials must be submitted to the link above, or two weeks before your local fair, which ever is first. (the earlier the better). Projects that need prior approval involve human subjects (this includes student researchers), nonhuman vertebrate animals, pathogenic agents (all microbes, germs, fungi, mold, etc.), controlled substances, recombinant DNA, human tissue, and/or animal tissue (including eggs). If your not sure... ask! The SRC and IRB must approve these projects before students begin their projects!
All projects (even those with pre-approval) must submit their projects for final approval by the Scientific Review Committee before competition.