Working with your Professional Adviser
Getting to know faculty members can be one of the most rewarding experiences during college for students and faculty, so do not hesitate to talk to your adviser.
Who Advises You:
Once you begin your first semester, you will work with an adviser in the Wintrode Student Success Center.
In your second year, you will be assigned to our Professional Adviser. She will work in collaboration with you as you progress towards your goal of graduation.
Professional Academic Adviser; Elizabeth Koob, M.S., NCC, Phone: 605-688-6296
What to do before an advising session:
- Check the Academic Catalogs and Student Handbook.
- Check Self Service to see when your registration day/time for the semester is.
- Schedule an appointment with your adviser about one week prior to your registration day/time.
- Before your appointment, give thoughtful consideration to your academic and career goals.
- Know the Academic Calendar and do not miss deadlines. Know when to register and drop or add courses.
- Check the “role of the adviser and advisee” page from the Academic Catalog.