Saturday, October 21st, 2023
We invite all high school students no matter their expertise to Carrying the Banner!
Participants will have an opportunity to tour our state-of-the-art-facility, take classes form faculty, interact with current theatre and dance students from SDSU, work alongside others from across the region, share work in a culminating final performance and attend a complimentary performance of Newsies.
- Building Collaborative Community
- Enhancing Knowledge and Skill
- Developing Skills in Creating Original Work
- Acting: Development of power dynamics on stage
- Tech: Creating mood and dynamics on stage
- Dance: Learning choreography from the show (Newsies)
Students are encouraged to attend with a director from their school/studio, but may also participate individually without a mentor.
We ask that each student and teacher/director fill out online registration individually.