The School of Performing Arts at South Dakota State University fosters and provides opportunities for creativity, performance, and both artistic and intellectual understanding through the study and practice of performing arts within contemporary and historical cultures. Mindful of the University’s Land Grant mission, we strive to provide outreach-engagement that creates meaningful connections among students, the University and the broader community.
The School of Performing Arts endeavors to promote the public good through experiential and collaborative opportunities in educational, creative and research activities.
In order to fulfill its Land Grant Mission, the School of Performing Arts values:
- Critical and analytical thought to create an informed understanding and enduring curiosity;
- Individual growth to nurture the development of the whole person;
- Artistry to enable appreciation and expression through creativity and innovation;
- Diversity to cultivate global awareness and respect for differing perspectives; and
- Community to connect people through engagement, service and collaboration within and beyond the University.