The Elementary Festival Honor Choir is an independent honor choir of approximately 180 fourth, fifth and sixth grade students who are selected by recorded audition. The choir meets and performs each year during the Annual SDSU Choral Day event. This next choir will rehearse and perform on Thursday, February 11, 2021.
Please contact Karen Barthel to request audition information.
- Students must be in the fourth, fifth or sixth grade at the time of audition.
- Students must be recommended by their school music teacher, director or private instructor.
- Teachers and students must work together to submit an audition form and upload an audio file.
- A $5 registration fee is required of each student that auditions.
- Students chosen to be part of the Elementary Honor Choir must be accompanied by their music teacher on the day of the festival.
- Audio files must be uploaded to Box by October 25.
Students selected for the Elementary Honor Choir will practice in Brookings during the day and end with a concert in the Oscar Larson Performing Arts Center at 4:45 p.m. An additional charge of $30 per student is assessed once a student receives notification of acceptance. The charge covers the cost of a t-shirt (worn during the performance), lunch, snack breaks and music. An additional set of music will be provided to each teacher who has students selected.