Lake Preston Times—Editor
We are looking for an editor at Lake Preston Times.
This is basically a staff writing position. There are few
administrative duties involved. Lake Preston is a two-person
operation, an office person and an editor. The editor is responsible
for all the reporting and photography. The office there is open four
days a week, but of course the editor will find it necessary to cover
some night meetings, sports events, etc. And there are throughout the
year, some weekend events that need to be covered. But overall, it
works out to less than a 40-hour week.
If you are interested, contact at firstname.lastname@example.org, by
snail mail at Dale Blegen, publisher, Box 69, De Smet, SD 57231 or by
calling at 605-530-1337.
Bader Rutter—Assistant PR Counselor (Agricultural)
Start your career at Bader Rutter with one of the hottest jobs in the market. It’s a given that you’ll work hard and with great people, but we offer something more: the chance to be a part of a brand revolution. As our newest assistant public relations counselor, you’ll have the opportunity to work with the best in the business on iconic brands. With your solid background in PR and creative spirit, you’re a natural fit. You also have that rare mix of great journalism or PR experience and agricultural experience. You gather content like a boss and know how to turn that content into the perfect story for each medium, staying on strategy and on point with everything you write. From trade media pitches to social media content, your curiosity keeps you agile and motivates you to learn more, do more and make an impact. Of course you’re an AP style master and everyone comments on your passion for great communication. You’re hungry to build your public relations experience with an agency and want to learn in our dynamic environment. Like us, you know it’s not easy, but it’s worth it.
This position is in our Lincoln, Nebraska, office.
The Globe - Reporter
The Globe, a twice-weekly newspaper published in Worthington, Minn., is seeking a full-time
reporter. Responsibilities associated with the job include:
* Coverage of city of Worthington and Worthington City Council. Develop relationships
with city staff and elected officials.
* Coverage of regional business/economic development issues, as well as general
* Writing stories as assigned for special sections.
* Coverage of occasional game stories and sports features, as well as assisting with
roundups of area sports.
* Shooting video and photos for stories as assigned. A person with significant
video shooting and editing will receive strong consideration.
* Knowledge of social media and the ability to promote our newspaper’s content on
the web is strongly desired.
* Prior experience with photography is preferred.
* Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends.
* Other duties as assigned.
Candidates for the position must have a driving record insurable by the company.
Please send resumes and work samples to Ryan McGaughey, editor of the Globe,
The Jamestown Sun
The Jamestown Sun in Jamestown, N.D., has an opening for a full-time reporter to join our award-winning news department. This reporter will write general news and feature stories, along with enterprise reporting.
The Sun is a 4,800 print circulation along with a 6,000 online readership, six-day daily newspaper. We’re looking for a reporter who likes the hustle of a small daily newspaper while enjoying the small-town (15,000 population) environment.
Must have a journalism degree, or similar, from a four-year college of university. Recent journalism school graduates with internship, daily newspaper or college newspaper experience are encouraged to apply.
Accuracy and ability to write clean, crisp copy in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Basic knowledge of video and photo editing.
Knowledge of AP style, the Freedom of Information Act and libel laws.
Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
Excellent verbal and written skills
Ability to be flexible and work under pressure and deadlines.
Must possess a reliable vehicle covered with acceptable insurance.
Must have a valid driver’s license with a driving record that is insurable by the company.
To apply, send a cover letter, 3 references and 5 relevant writing samples to:
Kathy Steiner, managing editor
The Jamestown Sun
Box 1760, Jamestown, ND 58402
OR email them to:
Outreach Director, full-time position located in Sioux Falls, SD
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Agriculture United for South Dakota is a coalition of farm organizations formed in 2005 with a goal of keeping family farms and ranches growing. Coalition members of Ag United includes: the South Dakota Cattleman's Association, the South Dakota Corn Growers Association, South Dakota Farm Bureau, South Dakota Pork Producers Council, the South Dakota Soybean Association, the South Dakota Dairy Producers and the South Dakota Poultry Industries Association. Many of our consumer activities are conducted under the name South Dakota Farm Families.
Ag United works toward promoting and advancing farm and ranch families and rural communities with four guiding principles:
¥ Developing communications on the connection between farm life and South Dakota's economic and social well-being.
¥ Engaging those who do not tell the truth about agriculture and food production.
¥ Educating consumers about the importance of food production.
¥ Providing assistance to South Dakota farmers and ranchers.
Plan, organize and manage Ag United outreach events. Some events that this position will be required to plan and implement, but not limited to:
1. Restaurant Crawls – Beef, dairy and poultry crawls are designed to connect local “foodies” with South Dakota farmers and ranchers. This position will be responsible for lining up farmers and restaurants to participate, selling tickets for the event, promotion and all other details surrounding the event.
2. Farm tours – Designed to take South Dakota consumers to the farm, this position will organize all details for these events including the farms, ag professionals on the bus, participants, lunch, promotion and materials for the tour.
3. Open Houses – Several open houses are hosted through-out late spring to early fall. Open houses are an opportunity for the public to visit South Dakota dairy, pig, cattle and poultry farms. This position will be in contact with the farm family to organize the event. Promoting the event, obtain sponsors and ordering supplies are the main responsibilities for this event.
4. Adopt A Farmer – Adopt A Farmer is an outreach program targeted towards elementary schools across the state. Each month the “adopted” farmer must send a video to their “adopted” classroom about the happenings on the farm that month. This position will manage all aspects of the program. Recruitment of schools, arranging a recording of farmers, and sending the videos and other educational materials to teachers each month are the main responsibilities with this program.
5. National Ag Week Activities – March outreach activities that are focused on 4th grade classroom visits with a dairy farmer and a pig farmer. In addition coordinate children’s activity in conjunction with Ag United’s booth at the Washington Pavilion.
Manage social media accounts and online activities. This includes but is not limited to:
1. South Dakota Farm Families Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube accounts.
2. Ag United’s website.
3. Electronic newsletters using the MailChimp platform.
1. This position may require an occasional blog post on a timely agriculture related issues.
2. Write press releases for all events and outreach activities. This also includes being a resource for media inquires.
3. This position may required to be interviewed for tv, radio and newspaper articles.
4. Develop marketing and promotional materials for various Ag United events and programs.
5. Communicate with the general public and answer questions about today’s agriculture
• Collaborate with Ag United Executive Director to develop new programs and improve upon existing activities.
• Deliver presentations to board members and various groups about Ag United activities.
• Answer various email and phone inquires.
• Perform daily office management duties such as ordering office supplies, making copies and mailing.
• Assist the Executive Director with planning and implementing board meetings.
EXPECTATIONS OF EMPLOYEE
• Reports to work and completes tasks in a timely manner
• Adheres to all policies and procedures
• Acts as a role model within and outside the organization
• Performs duties as workload necessitates
• Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
• Maintains a demeanor that creates positive team atmosphere
• Communicates regularly with Executive Director
• Travels as directed for various meetings and events.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Agricultural industry career experience or an ag background preferred.
• Must have excellent communications skills with the ability to work with the public.
• Excellent organizational skills, time management, customer service and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to multi-task several projects and activities at one time.
• Strong work ethic and able to work independently or as part of a team.
• Ability to work with computer systems including Microsoft Office and design programs.
• Available to work weekends and evenings to implement programs and events.
• Have reliable transportation to and from work.
• General design, picture and video editing skills is helpful.
Working conditions include farm settings and a normal office environment, travel within the state and travel out of the state once a year for meetings.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not a comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The Executive Director reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
Yankton Press & Dakotan Reporter
The Yankton (S.D.) Daily Press & Dakotan — an award-winning, six-day daily located along the banks of the Missouri River and near Lewis and Clark Lake in southeastern South Dakota — is seeking applicants for the position of general assignment reporter. Some page designing (InDesign) is also involved. Applicants must have strong writing and reporting skills. Page design skills, photography skills and video/social media experience are helpful.
Send resumes and writing samples to: Mr. Kelly Hertz, Editor, Yankton Press & Dakotan, 319 Walnut, Yankton, SD 57078, or email email@example.com.
Pioneer Review Writer
We are in need of two full time writers for our newspapers. If there would be any fall graduating students looking for a start in the newspaper business, we would be glad to talk with them.
I would also like to have a couple of interns that would be able to work in our Western South Dakota newspaper group. The towns they could work in would be Philip, Wall, Kadoka. We also have newspapers in Faith, Bison, and Murdo.
If there is anyone who needs full time work or to fulfill an internship please send me some information or give them my email address.
Wurth Electronics Marketing and Communications Coordinator
To coordinate internal and external marketing activities for the company and work closely with Sales, Engineering, and Product Marketing and Development Departments. To lead the development and implementation of electronic media marketing programs and web presence and to plan and promote customer events.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Co-direct the development of the company's online marketing strategy.
• Collaborate with other marketing staff to integrate and complement marketing strategies across multiple sales channels.
• Understand and implement corporate design standards into all materials generated by the department.
• Consult with Sales, Product Marketing and Product Development to gain advice regarding the types of products and services expected to be in demand.
• Implement online customer service processes to ensure positive and consistent user experiences.
• Keep abreast of emerging web technology by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participate in professional organizations or conferences.
• Maintain company and product information on company's web site.
• Assist in the evaluation and negotiation of contracts with vendors and online partners.
• Conduct online marketing initiatives such as sponsorship programs, email promotions, and viral marketing campaigns.
• Optimize web site exposure by analyzing search engine patterns to direct online placement of keywords or other content.
• Provide training overview of marketing department to new employees when necessary.
• Collect and analyze sales data, using web traffic metrics such as page visits, link popularity, and click-through rates.
• Assist in the organization of (including traveling to) exhibitions and customer events.
• Write, edit, and manage layout and production of blogs, web content, company brochures, presentations and video for internal and external communication.
• Develop promotional plan for new products introduced to market.
• Interact with outside suppliers as necessary.
• Assist in event planning and coordination in cooperation with other departments.
• Initiate and maintain short- and long-term project planning.
• Support marketing activities of international offices.
• Conduct or coordinate field research and/or market studies.
• Compose weekly newsletter to internal organization.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
• Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
• Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
• Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Strategic Planning - Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long range goals can be achieved.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Marketing, Public Relations
6-plus months of experience in maintaining corporate website
6-plus months of experience in Marketing
Online media focus preferred
Intermediate Spanish writing and speaking skills desirable
Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe PhotoShop, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google Analytics, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences Marketing and Communications Internship - Summer 2019
The SDSU College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences is seeking a responsible, reliable student to work as a communications intern in Brookings during the summer of 2019, from approximately mid-May to mid-August. This fulltime, paid internship offers the opportunity to help with a variety of tasks related to marketing the College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences and the South Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station.
Internship tasks will include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting with booths at trade shows and events.
• Conducting interviews with students, faculty and alumni to write press releases and articles for the College’s Growing South Dakota magazine.
• Taking pictures of activities, people, and research projects to accompany stories, social media posts and website content.
• Attending one or more South Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station research farm field days to take photos and develop written content.
• Assisting with College Social Media content management.
• Helping prepare online content for the SDSU website.
• Developing and designing SDSU College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences promotional materials.
• Helping fulfill media requests and other marketing and communications needs as they arise.
• Some overnight travel may be involved covering events and trade show booths.
• There may be an opportunity to attend the U.S. Agricultural Media Summit and International Federation of Agricultural Journalists meeting in Minneapolis, MN, July 27-31, 2019.
Ideal candidates will have completed a basic newswriting class and will have photography and social media experience and enthusiasm for promoting the SDSU College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences. Specific internship responsibilities will be tailored to fit the intern’s interests whenever possible.
There is some flexibility in starting and ending dates.
Please send a resume, including contact information for at least one reference, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 16, 2018.
Director of Marketing and Communications
South Dakota State University College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences
Berg Agricultural Hall 102
Brookings, SD 57007
Phone: (605) 688-6579
Learn more about our College at https://www.sdstate.edu/agriculture-food-environmental-sciences
2019 Summer Marketing/Communications Intern
Objective: The Legend Seeds Internship will provide comprehensive experience in the seed industry. The intern will not only provide Legend with additional assistance during the busy months of summer, but they will learn how to implement knowledge gained in the classroom and apply it in a real-world setting. The intern will support Legend’s Marketing team and dealer network including: content development, article writing, customer testimonials and event support. The intern will also assist with publicity via Legend’s social media channels and other written communications.
Location: De Smet, SD Headquarters
Types of activities:
• Interact with growers, dealers, and prospects at events and out in the field. Represent the Legend Seeds’ brand in a positive and professional manner and engage visitors into having a positive experience.
• Publicize Legend Seeds events and the Legend Seeds brand via social media & digital channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, email, and blog.
• Assist with writing press releases, articles, ad copy, correspondence, and other written communications.
• Provide marketing department with new, creative ideas to build awareness of the Legend Seeds brand and support our vision of “We help our dealers help their growers.”
• Assist with layout and design of marketing materials.
• Provide support as needed for Legend Seeds’ summer farm shows and dealer meeting events.
• Assist with promoting Legend Seeds events and the Legend Seeds brand via mailings, advertising, and social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
• Support account managers and dealers with marketing requests.
• Assist in other areas and help with special projects as deemed necessary.
• Ensure that company assets are well-cared for and properly maintained.
• Follow all safety procedures.
• Complete a written summary or PowerPoint presentation of work experience at the end of the internship.
• The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation.
• Work in an office setting and assist with various day-to-day activities.
• Learn aspects of the seed industry.
• This is a non-exempt position and does not include any benefits.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Education or currently pursuing a degree in journalism, marketing, communications, graphic design, public relations, or similar field required.
• Interest and experience in ag field preferred.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Adept with technology, particularly with apps and social media platforms.
• Knowledgeable about best practices and recommended strategies to boost online engagement.
• Comfortable speaking to audiences in one-on-one settings as well as in front of a crowd.
• Basic knowledge of graphic design principles and software, including Adobe Creative Suite, preferred.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Internship Date: Mid-May to late-August; exact dates flexible due to school schedule and availability
Travel: Legend Seeds operates in a seven-state region, including South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Michigan. Internship will require some overnight travel to support events.
Work Schedule: Typically, 40 hours/week Monday-Friday. Some variation as needed due to travel. Pay Rate: $12.50/hr.
Other: Laptop and company credit card for Legend business use will be provided.
To Apply: Visit https://legendseeds.net/about-us/work-us.
Video Production/Graphic Design Internship Opportunity - Sanford Pentagon
I’m Chad Hunt with the Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls. I’m looking to hire an intern for the upcoming spring season at the Pentagon. (January 2019 – April 2019).
This internship is a paid position and will include a wide variety of skills including:
Live sports production
Here is a link to the job description where students can apply:
Forum of Fargo-Moorhead Internship
The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead is currently accepting applications for our summer 2019 newsroom internships, and we plan to hire three interns for 10-week periods. The full description and timeline is available: https://www.jobshq.com/job/824001/summer-newsroom-internship/
Website and Publicity Coordinator
Website and Publicity Coordinator
Website and Publicity is responsible for managing the website and e-commerce store, designing promotional materials, designing and publishing newsletters and the academic catalog, designing items for sale in the ILT store, and designing and sending emails to ILT’s email subscribers.
• Commitment of the mission and teaching of ILT
• Completion of a diploma in graphic design or marketing recommended.
• Professional and affable conduct, good interpersonal skills, organized, timely, and flexible.
• Familiarity with relevant computer software: e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Canva
• Design the overall style and layout of the ILT website.
• Keep website up-to-date and current with all policies and descriptions of ILT programs and services.
• Make changes to the website as directed by the Comptroller or other administrative staff.
• Routinely go through the website to ensure all the information, spelling, and grammar are correct.
• Design elements and graphics to be used in the website.
Email Subscriber Management:
• Design both the news/events email and weekly resources email to be sent out.
• Send out emails to appropriate subscribers on a regular schedule.
Design and Production:
• Design the layout for the Acadmeic Catalog.
• Design the layout for the physical newsletter.
• Design brochures and other promotional items.
• Design products to be sold through the ILT Store.
• Complete special design projects as assigned.
• 10-15 hours weekly
• Starting at $12/hr.
Contact email@example.com or 605.220.2395