French, German and Spanish faculty members accompany students each summer to study in Latin America or Europe for a month or more. Some of the study abroad locations in the past have included: Buenos Aires (Argentina), Heidelberg (Germany), Oaxaca (Mexico), Paris (France), Quetzaltenango (Guatemala), Valencia (Spain) and Winnipeg (Canada).
During the summer semester 2018, our faculty took students to Costa Rica. For more information contact Dr. Jose Alvarez and/or Mr. Jeremy Rud, or visit the Study Abroad website of the Office of International Affairs.
- Costa Rica - Live, study and learn in Heredia and Sámara, Costa Rica, May 2018. Prof. José Álvarez and Mr. Jeremy Rud.
- Peru - Live, study and learn in Cusco, Peru, May 2017. Prof. Maria Spitz.
- Senegal - interdisciplinary Global Studies Program, May 2016. Prof. Molly Enz
- Cuba - Live, study and learn in Havana, Cuba, May 2016. Prof. José Álvarez (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1406659186263156/?ref=br_tf)
- Spain - Live, study and learn in Valencia, Spain, May 2015. Ms. Macarena Escondrillas and Ms. Luiza Adamyan
- Alternative Spring Break service-learning Program, March 2015. Prof. Molly Enz
- Senegal - interdisciplinary Global Studies Program, May 2014. Prof. Molly Enz
- Guatemala - Service Learning and Spanish Study Abroad Program, May 2014. Prof. José Álvarez and Ms. Angela Arneson (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1406659186263156/?ref=br_tf)
- Alternative Spring Break service-learning Program, March 2013. Prof. Molly Enz
All language majors and any other interested students are encouraged to engage in longer-term study programs for a semester or a year in order to truly enter into the culture and language. Students in recent years have studied in places as diverse as France, Canada, Germany, Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, Mexico and Spain. Modern Languages faculty and the Office of International Affairs will be happy to help you find the right program for you. To discuss options in Spanish, see professor Christi Garst-Santos.