Skip to main content
Menu
Close Search

Interactive Map

Filter

Abbott Hall

Abbott Hall

Part of Jackrabbit Village, Abbott Hall is one of three new residence halls completed in August 2010. The four floors house 148 students with 21 rooms on each floor — 16 doubles, four singles and a room for a residence hall adviser. By dorm standards, the rooms are supersized at 204 square feet (basically 20 x 10 feet). They are 44 square feet, or 25 percent, larger than most rooms on campus. Each floor has a dedicated, sound-proof study room, two restrooms, air conditioning, and a living room that includes a full kitchen with full-sized appliances, a fireplace, soft seating, and an electronic gaming area.

Agricultural Engineering

Agricultural Engineering Building

Located just east of the library, the brick structure contains classrooms, labs, and shop areas for Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering Department and Water Resources Institute as well as the Office of Climatology.

Agricultural Heritage Museum

Agricultural Heritage Museum

Originally built as the Stock Judging Pavilion, it became the headquarters of the State Agricultural Heritage Museum, a program of SDSU in 1977.

Alfred Dairy Science Hall

Alfred Dairy Science Hall

Receiving its first major renovation in 51 years, the dairy microbiology building was dedicated as the Alfred Dairy Science Hall in October 2011. It is home to the Department of Dairy and Food Science.

Alumni Center

Alumni Center

As the newest addition of the Jerome J. Lohr Building, the two-level building is the home of the SDSU Alumni Association.

Animal Disease Research & Diagnostic Laboratory

Animal Disease Research & Diagnostic Laboratory

ADRDL is one of fewer than 40 veterinary diagnostic laboratories accredited by the American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians (AAVLD). This building built in 1993 houses the Veterinary & Biomedical Sciences Department.

Animal Resource Wing

Animal Resource Wing

The Animal Resource Wing is a core animal facility maintained by the Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences.

Animal Science Arena

Animal Science Arena

Animal Science Arena is a 21,000-square-foot facility that serves as home to the Little International livestock exposition as well as hosting other livestock events.

Animal Science Complex

Animal Science Complex

Built in 1977 at a cost of 4 million dollars.

Architecture, Mathematics & Engineering Building

Architecture, Mathematics & Engineering Building

The 62,000-square-foot Architecture, Math and Engineering Building is the latest facility upgrade in the Jerome J. Lohr College of Engineering.

Avera Health & Science Center

Avera Health & Science Center

Avera Health & Science Center opened in July 2010 and features 97,000 square feet of teaching, laboratory and office space as well as 48,600 square feet of research laboratory space.

Bailey Rotunda

Bailey Rotunda

The Rotunda houses seven large, theater-style classrooms and a technology center to provide the latest in modern teaching techniques.

Ben Reifel Hall

Ben Reifel Hall

Reifel was born in a log cabin on the Rosebud Indian Reservation on September 19, 1906. He was born to a Lakota mother (Lucy Burning Breast) and a father of German descent (William Reifel). As a college student Reifel was active in campus life. He was elected president of the Students' Association and in 1932 earned degrees in chemistry and dairy science.

Berg Agricultural Hall

Ber Agricultural Hall

Named in honor of former University President Sherwood Berg, Berg Agricultural Hall houses the offices of the Dean of Agriculture, the Director of the Cooperative Extension Service, and the Director of the Agricultural Experiment Station. State 4-H offices are located here as well as Biology laboratories and classrooms.

Binnewies Hall

Binnewies Hall

Binnewies Hall is a co-ed residence hall on the east side of campus built in 1969. It is connected by Larson Commons to Young Hall. Binnewies houses 490 residents in its eight building wings.

Brown Hall

Brown Hall

Brown Hall is a co-ed residence hall located in the Grove area built in 1959. It houses 400 residents.

Caldwell Hall

Caldwell Hall

Caldwell Hall houses approx. 300 students and is used as a co-ed hall for second year students. Caldwell also has some specifically designed ADA rooms available for students with additional needs.

Central Heating Plant

Central Heating Plant

The Central Heating Plant heats about 85% of the buildings on campus.

Communications Center

Communications Center

The Communications Center is located on Campanile Avenue between Morrill Hall and Bailey Rotunda.

Coolidge Sylvan Theatre

Coolidge Sylvan Theatre

On September 10, 1927, President Calvin Coolidge dedicated this outdoor theatre and the Lincoln Memorial Library.

Coughlin Campanile

Coughlin Campanile

The Campanile built in 1929 at a cost of $75,000. The 165-foot tall tower on the southwest corner of the campus has 180 steps to the top. It serves as the landmark for the college as well as the community.

Crothers Engineering Hall

Crothers Engineering Hall

Built in 1957, the building is named after Harold M. Crothers, thrice acting president of then South Dakota State College (1946-1947, 1951, and 1957-1958) and former Dean of Engineering.

Daktronics Engineering Hall

Daktronics Engineering Hall

Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Physics building.

Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium

Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium

The Dana J. Dykhouse stadium finished in Fall 2016 will be an elite facility that will rival any at the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) level with a capacity of 19,340 (up from 11,000).

Davis Dairy Plant

Davis Dairy Plant

The dairy building is the result of a $9.3–million construction and remodeling project. As with the original building, the new facility houses dairy husbandry and bacteriology departments as well as a dairy products laboratory and the Dairy Bar snack shop. The Davis Dairy Plant and the Alfred Dairy Science Hall were dedicated October 21, 2011.

DePuy Military Hall

DePuy Military Hall

Houses Aerospace Studies and Military Science Offices. The building was renamed DePuy Military Hall on December 11, 1987.

Dykhouse Student-Athlete Center

Dykhouse Student-Athletic Center

Completed in spring 2010, the Dykhouse Student-Athlete Center houses an academic center for all student-athletes, and is headquarters for the football team with coaches offices, meeting rooms, and weight training and conditioning rooms as well as locker room to accommodate 110 players.

East Headhouse

East Headhouse

Built in 1955, the East Headhouse serves the research and teaching functions and operations of the Plant Science building and East greenhouses.

Edgar S. McFadden Biostress Lab

Edgar S. McFadden Biostress Lab

The Biostress Lab provides modern laboratory facilities for increased research of biological stress factors in the semi-arid Northern Great Plains.

Enrollment Services Center

Enrollment Services Center

The building formerly known as Medary Commons is now the Enrollment Services Center. The building houses Enrollment Services, Admissions, Financial Aid, Records and Registration, and Scholarships.

Erv Huether Field

Erv Huether Field

Baseball returned to the SDSU campus in the spring of 2008 with the opening of the new Erv Huether Field. Located in the northeast corner of the SDSU athletic complex, Erv Huether Field opened on April 21, 2008, when the Jackrabbits defeated Presentation (S.D.), 22-3.

Facilities & Services

Facilities & Services

Located west of the football stadium. There are two primary buildings —housing the trades shops and Customer Service Center & the other building housing the central office functions of Facilities and Services.

Facilities & Services Customer Service Center

Facilities & Services Customer Service Center

Located west of the football stadium. There are two primary buildings —housing the trades shops and Customer Service Center & the other building housing the central office functions of Facilities and Services.

Foundation Seed Conditioning

Foundation Seed Conditioning

Completed in 1956, Foundation Seed is the source for pure genetics of varieties developed by the Agricultural Experiment Station crop breeding teams. The primary purpose of Foundation Seed is to increase new varieties as quickly as possible, working closely with the plant breeders at SDSU and neighboring foundation seed organizations.

Frost Arena

Frost Arena

The facility, part of the Stanley J. Marshall Center, seats 6,500 fans for basketball. SDSU plays its home basketball and volleyball games and wrestling matches in Frost Arena, named after former SDSU basketball coach and athletic director Reube B. "Jack" Frost.

Grove Hall

Grove Hall

Renamed Grove Hall in 1995 the building was originally constructed as a food service facility and was named Grove Commons.

Hansen Hall

Hansen Hall

Built in 1967, Hansen Hall is a four-story co-ed residence hall on the west side of campus that houses 440 residents. Hansen Hall has a fitness facility, a sauna and also a full-service computer lab.

Harding Hall

Harding Hall

Harding Hall is named for Albert S. Harding, former professor and head of the history department. It was built in 1954 at a cost of $457,000 to be used as a men's residence hall originally.

Hilton M. Briggs Library

Hilton M. Briggs Library

The library holds nearly a million bound volumes, periodicals and microfilms and provides computer access to 500 other research libraries throughout the country. The library ws built in 1977 for 3.85 million.

Horse Unit

Horse Unit

The Equine Teaching Facility is located west of Medary Avenue and across from the Animal Science Arena. The unit consists of three primary structures — a riding arena and two livestock barns, as well as pastures.

Horticulture & Forestry

Horticulture & Forestry

The Horticulture & Forestry greenhouses and head house include faculty and staff offices, a classroom, walk-in freezer and cooler, storage, and greenhouse space spread out over 14 individual bays.

Horticulture Greenhouse

Horticulture Greenhouse

The Horticulture-Forestry greenhouses and head house include faculty and staff offices, a classroom, walk-in freezer and cooler, storage, and greenhouse space spread out over 14 individual bays.

Hyde Hall

Hyde Hall

Hallie Walker Hyde (1886-1961) was the first woman chosen as leader of the student body. She served with an all-male cabinet at a time when two-thirds of the students were men. Notably, she was elected to the position more than 11 years before women were granted the right to vote in the United States.

Jackrabbit Softball Field

Jackrabbit Softball Field

Located just north of the Sanford-Jackrabbit Athletic Complex, the Jackrabbits played their first game in Jackrabbit Softball Stadium on April 20, 2007.

Jerome J. Lohr Building

Jerome J. Lohr Building

Located on the northwest corner of Medary Avenue and Eighth Street, the three-level brick building is the headquarters of the SDSU Foundation.

Larson Commons

Larson Commons

The Larson Commons dining facility serves Young and Binnewies residence halls.

Lincoln Music Hall

Lincoln Music Hall

Lincoln Music Hall memorializes President Abraham Lincoln's role in laying the foundation for the land-grant schools. Lincoln Music Hall houses Peterson Recital Hall.

Mathews Hall

Matthews Hall

Matthews is a co-ed residence hall in the Grove area built in 1961. It houses 400 residents, who have access to a weight room complete with Universal weight system and punching bag. There is also a recreational area with pool tables, ping-pong and foosball tables, television and kitchen area.

McCrory Gardens Education & Visitor Center

McCrory Gardens Education & Visitor Center

McCrory Gardens Education & Visitor Center was built in 2012.

Meadows North Apartments

Meadows North Apartments

Located on Eleventh Street at the northwest corner of campus, there are four single bedrooms within each of the 80 apartments, which can be rented on nine- or twelve-month contracts.

Meadows South Apartments

Meadows South Apartments

Located on Eleventh Street at the northwest corner of campus, there are four single bedrooms within each of the 80 apartments, which can be rented on nine- or twelve-month contracts.

Morrill Hall

Morrill Hall 2018

Morrill Hall houses the Office of the President, Budget and Finance, Human Resources, Accounting, University Counsel and Doner Auditorium.

Nathelle and Lawrence DeHaan Equestrian Center

Nathelle and Lawrence DeHaan Equestrian Center

Dedicated on Oct. 15, 2008, project benefactor Nathelle DeHaan’s avid support of SDSU and love for horses grew to make the SDSU Equestrian program and the Equestrian Center a reality.

Old Horticulture

Old Horticulture

Old Horticulture houses the Office of Information Technology.

Performing Arts Center

Performing Arts Center

A state-of-the-art facility, the Performing Arts Center was built as a joint project between the University and the City of Brookings and is 55,000 square foot.

Physiology Laboratory

Physiology Laboratory

The Physiology Laboratory currently houses a plant science laboratory on the upper level, and a fermentation laboratory on the lower level.

Pierson Hall

Pierson Hall

Built as a co-ed residence hall in the Grove area in 1965. Pierson houses 440 men and women.

Plant Science Building

Plant Science Building

The Plant Science Laboratories building houses an important portion of the plant research conducted on campus.

Plant Science Research Support Center

Plant Science Research Support Center

This 17,000 square foot facility will allow for an increase in research and hands-on learning opportunities for students.

Pugsley Center

Pugsley Center 2018

Built in 1940, the Pugsley Center is home to the Information Technologies Center, the Communication Studies and Theatre Department, and the early childhood and preschool facilities.

Rodeo Grounds

Rodeo Grounds

Built in the 1960s, the SDSU Rodeo Arena, west of the Animal Science Arena off of Medary Avenue, was once the home to many Jackrabbit Stampede Rodeos and large, standing-room-only crowds.

Sanford-Jackrabbit Athletic Complex

Sanford-Jackrabbit Athletic Complex

The Sanford-Jackrabbit Athletic Complex is a multi-purpose indoor competition and training facility located just north of Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium.

Schultz Hall

Schultz Hall 2018

Theodore Schultz (1902-1998) developed the founding theories of human capital that have been cited by economists worldwide. He was the 1979 recipient of the Nobel Prize in Economics and the only SDSU alumnus recognized among the first century of Nobel laureates.

Scobey Hall

Scobey Hall

The former West Men’s Hall is named after J.O.B. Scobey councilman to the Territorial Legislature who secured Brookings as the location of a land-grant institution.

SDSU Bookstore

SDSU Bookstore

The SDSU Bookstore sells books, apparels, school supplies, textbooks, apparel and merchandise.

Seedhouse

Seedhouse

SDSU research into grain heartiness and variation occurs in the Plant Science Seedhouse.

Solberg Hall

Solberg Hall

Solberg Hall was built in 1901 for $65,000 and named in honor of Halvor Christian Solberg, the man who introduced mechanical engineering to SDSU. Solberg drove the first car in Brookings in 1904 and started an automobile engineering course before anyone recognized that the auto was here to stay. He drew up plans for Highway 14 from Winona, MN to the Black Hills, as well as numerous other projects.

South Dakota Art Museum

South Dakota Art Museum 2018

The South Dakota Art Museum built in 1970 is the only art museum in the state that is accredited by the American Association of Museums.

Spencer Hall

Spencer Hall 2018

Part of Jackrabbit Village, Spencer Hall is one of three new residence halls completed in August 2010.

Stanley J. Marshall Center

Stanley J. Marshall Center

Stanley J. Marshall Center, houses offices for most of the Athletic Department as well as Frost Arena, the 6,500-seat home of the SDSU Jackrabbits. Also within the Center is an indoor track for athletic teams and a swimming pool.

State Court Family Housing

State Court Family House

State Court is family student housing located on Eighth street at the south edge of campus.

Student Wellness Center

Student Wellness Center

The Student Wellness Center is directly north of the University Student Union.

Testing Center

Testing Center

The Testing Center coordinates several areas of assessment and provides testing services to the University students and community.

The Barn

The Barn

The Barn was built for $85,500 as the Gymnasium-Armory in 1918 and the seating capacity was around 3,000.

Thorne Hall

Thorne Hall 2018

Part of Jackrabbit Village, Thorne Hall has four floors that house 148 students with 21 rooms on each floor — 16 doubles, four singles and a room for a residence hall adviser.

University Student Union

Student Union

The Union houses numerous meeting rooms including the Volstorff Ballroom, several places to study or hang out with friends, the University Bookstore, Information Exchange, eSDSU Laptop Center, several eating establishments and student government offices.

Wagner Hall

Wagner Hall

Connected by a hallway to the north side of Bailey Rotunda, Wagner Hall serves as headquarters for the Colleges of Nursing, Education and Human Sciences, and College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. It is a combination of offices, classrooms, and labs.

Waneta Hall

Connected to Wecota Annex on the west side of campus. It houses 320 residents, primarily sophomores, juniors and seniors. Each floor has a dayroom containing couches and cable television. There is also a full kitchen on the second and third floors.

Wecota Annex

Wecota Annex

The four-story hall is connected to Wecota Hall on the west side of campus and was built in 1940.

Wecota Hall

Wecota Hall

Four distinctive columns with ornate tops create a distinctive focal point at Wecota's double front doors that was built in 1915. Wecota signifies the second maiden in an Indian family.

Wenona Hall

Wenona Hall

Wecota's fraternal twin to the North built in 1909, was the first women's dormitory on campus. The name signifies the firstborn maiden in an Indian family.

West Hall

West Hall

The building served as the Brookings Hospital until 1964. Part of the two-story building was used for residence hall overflow for a brief time before Binnewies and Young Halls were built in 1969.

Wintrode Student Success Center

Wintrode Student Success Center

Home of the Wintrode Tutoring Program and several other academic support programs through which SDSU students can schedule tutoring appointments or access walk-in tutoring services for select courses.

Woodbine Cottage

Woodbine Cottage

Located at the northwest corner of Medary Avenue and Harvey Dunn Street, the residence has served as the official home of SDSU's presidents since 1903.

Yeager Hall

Yeager Hall

Yeager Hall houses the University Printing Laboratory on the lower level and the Department of Journalism on the upper level. It was built in 1959 at a cost of $238,144.

Young Hall

Young Hall 2018

Young Hall is a co-ed residence hall on the east side of campus built in 1969. It houses 490 residents.