About Hansen Hall:
- 300 residents
- Sophomore and Junior students
- Single and Double rooms
- First Floor includes an option for small pets (see Pet Policy)
- C-Store in the building
- Erbert and Gerbert's Sub Shop
- Students who are required to live on campus must purchase a full meal plan. Those who are two years removed from high school are eligible to purchase the WestFlex meal plan.
- Hansen Hall rate
All rooms furnished with the following:
- Twin Bed, 80" Mattress
- Bed loft provided
- Trash Can
- Wireless internet
- Full-size basketball court
- "The Deck" used for events and cookouts
- Erbert and Gerberts sub shop eatery
- Convenience store
- Wild game cleaning room
- Piano room
- Newly renovated kitchen in basement
- Laundry in basement
Hansen Hall is named in honor of Dr. Neils Hansen who worked at SDSU from 1895 until 1937. He specialized in research and plant breeding and established the world’s first greenhouse for the purpose of plant breeding right here at SDSU. One little known fact about Dr. Hansen is that he wrote the words to the school song, “Yellow and Blue”.
The four story hall was built in 1967 and underwent a major refurbishing in the summers of 2003 and 2004. Hansen is located on 11th Street on the west side of campus. Hansen is located across the street from Medary Commons, where most residents in this area choose to get their meals.