The Psychology Department provides a rich, student-centered academic experience that produces a sound knowledge base in the science and practice of psychology, to prepare students for enhanced opportunities in employment, further scholarship, sociocultural and international engagement and civic involvement.
The Psychology Department champions innovative teaching and experiential learning through a rigorous curriculum, vital research, scholarship and service to advance our knowledge and the public good.
The Psychology Department values a liberal arts education as the foundation for life-long learning, career opportunities and a higher quality of life. We are committed to:
- Student-centered learning, teaching and advising.
- Research and scholarship to enhance the quality of our teaching and advising.
- Psychological literacy, empirical evidence, tolerating ambiguity and acting ethically.
- Promote applications of psychology through community engagement.
- A culture of inclusion that values diverse perspectives and experiences.