- Brookings Main Campus
The sky is the limit.
Unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) or drones are revolutionizing how things get done. UAS is a technology with many applications, some of which include remote sensing, geographic information systems (GIS), precision agriculture, construction, resource management, engineering, cinematography, and emergency services. The Unmanned Aircraft Systems Certificate will provide the knowledge and skills necessary to apply this technology to a field of study or field of work. Graduate from the program with knowledge of unmanned aircraft system designs, laws and ethical considerations, how to gather and process information, and identify uses and limitations of the aircraft. This certificate will also provide the knowledge necessary to attain the FAA Part 107 small Unmanned Aircraft Systems license.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Like to work with technology
- Are a problem solver and analytical thinker
- Are generally interested in how things work
- Disaster mitigation and relief
- Filming and photography
- Geographic information systems mapping technician
- Law enforcement
- Real estate
- Geography (B.A./B.S.)
- Geographic Information Sciences (B.S.)
- Precision Agriculture (B.S.)
- Agricultural Science (B.S.)
- Construction Management (B.S.)
- Computer Science (B.S.)
- Ecology & Environmental Science (B.S.) - Rangeland Ecology & Management Specialization
- Agricultural Systems Technology (B.S.)
- Aviation (B.S.) - Aviation Education Specialization