Certified for Success.
The Swine Science Certificate academically trains you to enter the pork industry in such areas as sales and communications, construction, production management, and pharmaceuticals. The 12-credit program blends scientific principles with managerial skills, connects you with potential career opportunities and addresses the impact of modern social and industrial issues on the production of safe pork for consumption. Maybe you are working towards a degree in animal science, veterinary medicine, or another ag-related degree. Or maybe you intend to manage your family’s swine operation. Whatever your path, this program will enhance your skills with swine and increase your opportunities within the industry.
SDSU offers the only online certificate program in the nation dedicated to study in swine science. Upon completion, you will be eligible to apply certification through the U.S. Pork Center of Excellence.
This program is offered by SDSU through AG*IDEA, an affiliate of the Great Plains IDEA. AG*IDEA courses are taught by experienced faculty members in agriculture disciplines.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an interest in science and the livestock industries
- Like to work with animals
- Have solid communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Want a variety of career options
- Swine Production Management
- Swine Genetic Sales Consultant
- Regional Swine Sales Manager
- Swine Communications Coordinator
- Swine Business Management
- Swine Building Construction
- Swine Pharmaceuticals
- Swine Feed Sales