The Aviation Maintenance Management Specialization is focused on students who wish to repair and maintain aircraft. SDSU has partnered with approved FAA A&P programs across the United States to offer a four-year degree in aviation maintenance management. Students will go through maintenance training at an approved maintenance school and will then transfer to SDSU to complete the additional management degree requirements. Students may have the opportunity to work for the Chief of Aviation Maintenance at SDSU prior to graduation.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Love to work with your hands
- Have strong communication and leadership skills
- Good problem solver
- Enjoy the challenge of repairing and maintaining machines and systems
- Have attended an approved maintenance school and have earned an FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
- Aircraft maintenance technician
- Aircraft maintenance mechanics
- Maintenance manager
- Landmark Aviation
- Poet Energy
- SDSU Aviation
- Select a Modern Language (French Studies, German, or Spanish)
Clubs and Organizations
- Flying Jacks
Still deciding? Reflecting on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills will provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. FOCUS 2 CAREER, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you do just that. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 CAREER by using the code: jacks. After completing FOCUS 2 CAREER, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a career coach in the Office of Career Development.