Leading change through recreation and athletics
The Sport and Recreation Administration program at South Dakota State University prepares students to become dynamic leaders in intercollegiate athletics as well as campus and community recreation. The curriculum and internship experiences will educate students in management, marketing, communications, facilities, finance, ethics and legal issues, research, and much more. In addition to their experiential learning opportunities in their coursework, students will gain valuable real-world experiences with our industry partners both on and off campus. Students graduating from the program will be equipped with a skill set that can be directly applied to a wide range of exciting career possibilities.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Are organized and a leader
- Like to play sports
- Enjoy an exciting fast paced work environment
- Lead an active and healthy lifestyle
- Work well with people of all ages
- College athletics administrator
- Community recreation leaders
- Parks and recreation management
- Athletic directors