- Brookings Main Campus
Impact the nursing workforce
SDSU helps nurses exceed current standards of healthcare excellence through innovative and exemplary graduate education.
The Post-Graduate Nurse Educator certificate program prepares graduates to utilize theories of teaching and learning in a variety of nursing education settings. Graduates are prepared to plan, implement, and evaluate nursing education programs. Upon graduation, you will be eligible for the NLN (National League of Nursing) CNE (Certified Nurse Educator) certification exam.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Hold master's degree in nursing
- Like to collaborate with others
- Have strong communication skills
- Have a passion for teaching others
- Are an effective problem solver
- Academic Nurse Educator in a 2-year or 4-year setting
- Clinical Nurse Educator in a hospital or clinical agency setting