Aspire to make a difference.
SDSU helps nurses exceed current standards of healthcare excellence. With exemplary training and job placement for our graduates, the Master’s in Nursing offers several options for taking your nursing career to new, meaningful places.
The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Specialization prepares graduates to provide high-quality mental health care in a variety of rural and urban settings. Graduates are eligible for ANCC Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner certification exam.
For more information please visit the Master of Science in Nursing page on the College of Nursing webpage.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Hold a bachelor's degree in nursing
- Value teamwork
- Have strong communication skills
- Are interested in caring for people's mental health
- Are a good problem solver
- Community mental health centers
- Outpatient clinics
- Acute care inpatient hospitals
- Substance abuse treatment centers
- Correctional and long-term care facilities
- Avera Health
- Monument Health
- Sanford Health
- VA Health Care Systems
- Mayo Clinic