Make a unique, creative mark.
Start a styling trend. Advance in the fashion industry. Gain an understanding of merchandising at every level, with emphasis on current trends in the United States and the global marketplace - factors that will distinguish you from peers and prepare you for the creative energy of the industry. With retailing currently generating $4 trillion of the U.S. economy, merchandising offers ample opportunities for professional growth. As a graduate of SDSU’s M.S. in Human Sciences - Merchandising Specialization, you will be prepared to work in product development, promotions, and retail management.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Are a people person
- Are imaginative and creative
- Have strong organizational skills
- Are a good oral, written, and visual communicator
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Department manager
- Assistant or head buyer
- Product marketing director
- product or brand development
- Visual merchandising
- Marketing specialist