Communication is the heartbeat of health care.
The Certificate in Health Journalism equips students and professionals with essential skills for advancing health care in the 21st century. From patient advocates to marketing and social media directors at hospitals, health communication specialists are in high demand in our region and across the nation. Health care providers and public health practitioners with health communication skills have a competitive edge for career advancement.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have good leadership and communication skills
- Want to make a positive difference and help people
- Are organized, flexible, and creative
- Want to address complex health issues
- Enjoy persuading others to change their attitudes, behavior, or opinions
- Health Communication Specialist with public health agency
- Health Journalist
- Patient Advocate
- Health Campaign Designer
- Social Media Director for Health Care Agency
- Community Organizer
- University Professor