Inspired learning with the right chemistry
Educating children and young adults means creating productive classroom spaces for scientific understanding and discovery. The Master's in Chemistry - Chemical Education Specialization provides accessible graduate level coursework to enhance chemistry content knowledge and to enable more substantial and effective learning in the classrooms of secondary education. Designed for in-service science teachers with a valid teacher’s license, this program provides graduate level credits to fulfill the M.S. degree requirements. Most of those credits are offered online for distance-learning. Two consecutive summer programs, with hands-on research at the SDSU campus in Brookings, SD, complete the credit requirement.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an undergraduate degree in chemistry, biochemistry, physics, biology, or related fields
- Have coursework and training in analytical, inorganic, organic and physical chemistry
- Want to learn to design and conduct research
- Have an inquisitive mind
- Have a strong work ethic
- Teacher at the high-school level
- Instructor of college level chemistry