The Professional Staff Advisory Council represents all South Dakota State University professional staff members (non-faculty exempt) as a function of the shared governance principles of SDSU.
Meetings are held the second Monday of each month at 2 p.m. via zoom.
Role of the Advisory Council:
- establish a forum for the collegial exchange of ideas about campus issues of interest to professional staff
- provide a recognized avenue for offering advice and counsel to senior administration
- develop and disseminates ideas for university enhancement
- assure that matters of concern to professional staff are shared, thereby enhancing morale and productivity
- provide recognition of the contributions and achievements of professional staff
The Advisory Council offers a unified voice to professional staff employees and in doing so provides an opportunity for active involvement in the governance of SDSU. It consists of elected representatives and three members-at-large. Composition of the elected officials is assigned proportionally to the number of professional staff from each of the following areas: Academics, Athletics, Business/Administration, Extension/Outreach, Research and Student Affairs.