The PPVM will consider applicants for transfer on a space available basis as seats become available. The application window is late March to late April for a Fall program start date.
Other criteria for transfer applicants include:
- Applicant must be a US citizen or eligible for appropriate visas;
- Transfer applicant must be from a DVM program accredited by the American Veterinary Association;
- The applicant must have completed one full year in a DVM program, must have achieved a cumulative 3.0 GPA, and must be in good standing at his/her current program as documented by a letter from the Dean, Program Director or equivalent;
- The applicant must have met the pre-veterinary requirements of the PPVM;
- The applicant must have a pre-veterinary GPA that would have been competitive with the other students who were admitted into that class;
- The applicant must submit certified transcripts for all college coursework taken during undergraduate, graduate school, and professional programs;
- Eligible applicants will be required to participate in an admissions interview
Placement into the PPVM as a transfer student is contingent on DVM coursework already completed and coursework needing completion according to the SDSU PPVM curriculum. Accepted applicants will be placed in the year or semester of the curriculum deemed appropriate after analysis and equivalency of the required courses
involved has been verified. Applicants will be accepted and placed only on a space-available basis.
The Director of the Program and the Chair of the Admissions Committee will grant final approval of transferability.