Student Learning Outcomes
- Describe public health and its core functions.
- Explain how various factors, including environmental factors, biological factors, psychological factors and social determinants of health, contribute to population health and health disparities.
- Apply epidemiological principles to collect and analyze public health data.
- Develop public health programs or interventions based on population-needs and select appropriate methods to evaluate such programs.
- PUBH 701 - Biostatistics for Public Health, 3 credits (USD)
- PUBH 702 - Public Health Theory and Practice, 3 credits (SDSU)
- PUBH 710 - Epidemiology, 3 credits (USD)
Select two courses (six credits) from the following list.
- PUBH 733 - Environmental Health, 3 credits (SDSU)
- PUBH 740 - Introduction to US Health Systems and Policy, 3 credits (USD)
- PUBH 750 - Social and Behavioral Sciences in Public Health, 3 credits (USD)
- PUBH 755 - Program Planning and Evaluation, 3 credits (SDSU)
- PUBH 760 - Public Health and Native American Communities, 3 credits (USD)