Developing public health practitioners and leaders to address public health needs of rural and underserved communities.
The University of South Dakota (USD) and South Dakota State University (SDSU) Master of Public Health (MPH) program is committed to improving health in rural and underserved communities by providing interdisciplinary learning, scholarship, and community engagement for public health professionals.
The program will generate resources and support for rural and underserved communities to achieve optimal and equitable health.
- Academic Excellence - Promote and achieve excellence in public health teaching and learning.
- Public Health Research and Practice - Faculty and students will engage in research and practice in collaboration with rural and underserved communities.
- Diversity & Inclusion - Recruit and retain diverse faculty and students who embody cultural inclusiveness.
- Service - Enhance the program's involvement in public health service to rural and underserved communities in South Dakota.
The MPH program embraces the educational philosophy and values of the University of South Dakota and South Dakota State University. It is committed to the following core values.
- Academic Excellence
- Student Centered Education
- Collaboration and Leadership
- Commitment to Engagement & Service in the Community
- Commitment to the Professional Development of Students and Faculty