Prevent disease and prolong life by investigating society's most pressing health problems.
The Master of Public Health prepares graduates to:
- Help hospitals survive in the era of healthcare reform by managing their populations to ensure they maximize health and revenue while controlling costs.
- Improve the health of South Dakota and local populations with health promotion, health analysis and illness prevention programs through public health departments.
- Epidemiological analysis and quality assurance for corporations needing to address occupational health to limit health insurance costs through disease prevention.
Search for current opportunities via the following resources:
Graduates will be equipped to serve in a range of public health positions and public health specialties including:
- Public Health Officer (federal, state, county)
- Health Services Administrator
- Healthcare Industry Analyst
- Hospital Safety and Infectious Control
- Hospital Quality Improvement and Quality Assurance
- Environmental Health Specialist
- Occupational Safety and Health Specialist
- Medical and Health Services Manager
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Public Health Policy
- Public Safety and Security
- Disaster Preparedness
- Legal Analysis
- Mental Health
- Maternal-Child Health
- Higher Education
- Research Investigator