What is pre-admission?
Pre-admission involves an admissions process into the professional program prior to the regular selection process for students who are in pre-pharmacy at SDSU and who meet specific, pre-established criteria.
What are the initial qualifications for the pre-admission program?
- Must begin college career at SDSU and have freshman status.
- Must have an ACT score ≥ 27 or an SAT of ≥ 1280.
- The specific courses listed in the pre-pharmacy course requirements must be taken at SDSU (students with AP credit and/or PSEO students will be evaluated on a case by case basis).
How do you gain pre-admission status?
- Must submit an Application for Pre-Admission during your senior year of high school.
- Meet qualifications for and be admitted into the SDSU Van D. and Barbara B. Fishback Honors College.
How do you maintain pre-admission status?
- Must be a full-time student each semester prior to beginning the professional program and complete the required pre-pharmacy coursework within two years.
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of ≥ 3.5.
- Students who receive a GPA between 3.25 and 3.49 in the first semester will be placed on probationary status for one semester and must achieve a cumulative GPA of ≥ 3.5 by the end of the second semester or be dismissed from the Pre-Admission Program.
- Students who fall below 3.25 in the first semester will be dismissed from the Pre-Admission Program.
- Earn a letter grade of at least 'B' in biology, chemistry, and mathematics pre-pharmacy coursework.
- Must successfully complete general chemistry, general biology, calculus, anatomy, and one semester of organic chemistry by the end of the third semester (fall semester preceding the beginning of the academic year of the desired start date in the Pharm.D. program) at SDSU.
- Must complete the 12-credit Honors general education requirement and at least one advanced requirement (i.e. Honors Colloquium or a contracted course) within the first two years on campus.
- Successfully complete an interview and writing assessment with the Pharmacy Program Admissions Committee within the year prior to enrolling in the Pharm.D. program.
- Must complete the Pharm.D. application shadowing requirement and submit a completed Shadowing Experiences Form to the College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions prior to the end of finals week of the third semester at SDSU.
- Must pay a $600 seat deposit prior to the end of finals week of the third semester at SDSU.