The College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions offers seven degree programs: the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.), the Ph.D. and M.S. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Master of Public Health (M.P.H.), the B.S. in Medical Laboratory Science and the A.S. and B.S. in Respiratory Care. In addition, the College offers an undergraduate certificate in phlebotomy and a graduate certificate in public health. The main office for the College is located in the Avera Health and Science Center on the SDSU campus in Brookings.
Mission, Vision, and Values
The College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions provides high quality, interprofessional, student-centered education; fosters discovery through innovative research and scholarship and advances the provision of health care.
To be a premier college for innovative, high quality pharmacy and allied health professions education, research, scholarship, service and patient care.
- Integrity: We act with organizational and personal integrity, through honest interactions, professionalism, transparent and accountable decision-making and respect for others.
- Innovation: We promote and recognize excellence in scholarship through innovation in education, scientific advancement and health care provision. We believe the best academic programs bring innovative teaching and rigorous research together.
- Student-centered: We are committed to creating a culture where all thrive and are supported on their own paths toward lifelong learning, growth and leadership in personal and professional ways.
- Collaboration: We sustain a culture of cooperation and collaboration in education, research/scholarship and service. Individually, we are experts at what we do. Collectively, our impact is even greater.
- Diversity: We embrace diversity and treat all with dignity and respect. We are committed to diversity of community and ideas. We believe in a supportive, diverse, collaborative and cohesive environment.
- Excellence: We achieve excellence through quality assurance, continuous quality improvement and programmatic and fiscal accountability.
- Service: We cultivate and demonstrate commitment to civic responsibility and service to the profession. We lead ever-changing professions through development of innovative practice models and continuing professional development.