Skip to main content
Transportation Services building

Motor Pool

Online Motor Pool Vehicle Request Form

Current Motor Pool Vehicle Rates

Type of vehicleSD Fleet and Travel Rate per mileSDSU Motor Pool surcharge = $0.04/mileSDSU assigned vehicle surcharge = $0.02/mile
Small SUV$0.45$0.49$0.47
12 passenger van$0.71$0.75$0.73
½ Ton Truck$0.53$0.57$0.55
¾ Ton Truck$0.66$0.70$0.68
1 Ton Truck$0.77$0.81$0.79

Seasonal/Permanent Vehicles

Requests must be processed through South Dakota Office of Fleet and Travel. When requesting a permanent assigned vehicle, you will be asked to provide an account number and MSA number. The account number will be the fund that you want billed and the MSA number for SDSU is 1530. Any changes to funding accounts or driver’s assignments can also be made through the SD Fleet and Travel website.

What forms need to be completed before I can drive a state vehicle?

Don't know if you need a form or not? Check this flowchart.