South Dakota State University has a well-established commitment to maintaining a campus environment free from discrimination and harassment, which is essential to the health of our campus. The Office of Title IX/Equal Opportunity (EO) maintains a people-centered focus that supports a positive University culture and aids success in educational and employment goals. Office employees act with integrity through impartial, respectful and ethical investigations. Office employees sustain diversity by ensuring that individuals' rights are maintained.
A primary component of the University’s ongoing commitment is mandatory Title IX/EO training. Training about these important issues is articulated in federal regulations, state law and University policy. All faculty, staff and students receive an e-mail notice to complete training each year. The training includes information about responding to and reporting concerns, bystander intervention strategies and ways to maintain the respectful environment that all members of our University community expect.
The Office of Title IX/EO offers in-person training sessions. For more information, please contact us at 605-688-4128 or email@example.com.
The Office of Title IX/EO receives regular investigation procedure training, which complies with federal training regulations. Section 106.45(b) of the 2020 Title IX Final Rules requires the sharing of “[a]ll materials used to train Title IX Coordinators, investigators, decision-makers, and any person who facilitates an informal resolution process. A recipient must make these training materials publicly available on its website, or if the recipient does not maintain a website the recipient must make these materials available upon request for inspection by members of the public.”
For the purposes of compliance with this section of the Title IX Final Rules, this page includes all training materials used by the University to train Title IX Coordinators, investigators, decision-makers, and any person who facilitates an informal resolution process in Title IX compliance and practices. Members of the Office of Title IX/Equal Opportunity have participated in the trainings listed below.
Title IX Training:
- Title IX Refreshers and Reminders (Fall 2023)
- Title IX Investigator Training (Spring 2023)
- Title IX Decision-Maker Training (Fall 2022)
- SDBOR Title IX Coordinator Training: Intake to Investigation (Fall 2022)
- SDBOR Title IX Coordinator Training: Hearings Pre to Post (Fall 2022)
- SDBOR Title IX Investigator Update Training (Summer 2022)
- Sexual Assault on Campus: A Trauma Informed Response (Spring 2022)
- SDSU Title IX Training (Fall 2021)
- SD Board of Regents Title IX Training (Fall 2021)
- Title IX Coordinator Training Part 1 (Fall 2020)
- Title IX Coordinator Training Part 2 (Fall 2020)
- Title IX Coordinator Training Part 3 (Fall 2020)
- Title IX Decision-Maker Training (Fall 2020)
- Title IX Investigator Training (Fall 2020)