Standard contract and agreement templates have been approved by the SDSU Office of General Counsel and are provided in accordance with University Policy 5:1. Using one of these templates will greatly expedite the review and approval process. Please review the following policies and information to ensure proper use of a standard contract or agreement template.
Policies to Guide the Contract Process
- University Policy 5:1 Contract, Agreement, and MOU Review and Approval
- University Policy 7:2 Electronic Signatures
- SDBOR Policy 5:3 Agreements and Contracts
Information Regarding Proper Use
Standard Contract or Agreement
- If a standard contract or agreement template exists for your situation, please use the University's standard contract.
- If the standard contract or agreement template needs to be changed, the user must have the contract or agreement reviewed by the Office of General Counsel.
- If your department needs a customized contract or agreement, please contact the Office of General Counsel for assistance. We would be happy to help create something for you.
- Please note, University standard contracts exist for recurring situations and agreements. However, do not download them for future use, as the forms on this website may be revised and updated. To ensure that you are using the most current contract, please revisit the website each time you use a standard contract.
- All contracts and agreements must be signed by the duly authorized party for the University in order to be legally valid and binding.
- In addition to the President, other individuals have the authority to sign contracts on behalf of the University as the result of the President's delegation of such authority. If you are uncertain who is the appropriate individual to sign your contract, please contact Finance and Administration for guidance.
- In accordance with University Policy 5:1, the department or college is responsible for obtaining fully executed contracts or agreements and distributing copies to the appropriate parties. A copy, or if appropriate the original document, will also be provided to the Office of Finance and Administration for retention pursuant to record retention protocols as set forth in the SDBOR Records Retention Manual.
Templates for Standard Contracts and Agreements
Please note, the standard templates have been marked as "Draft" because they are missing the information and terms needed to complete them. Please feel free to remove the "Draft" watermark during your use; however, if substantive changes are made, please contact our office to review those changes.