Welcome back! We are excited to have you back on campus for the semester. We are taking special precautions to help maintain the safety of all staff and students. Please also visit our main Financial Aid page for additional information about financial aid processing.
You can get in touch with a staff member anytime between 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday using one of the following options:
- Set up a virtual appointment where you can meet with a financial aid counselor
- Drop-in Zoom appointments are also available where you can virtually meet with a counselor anytime during our business hours without an appointment
- Get in touch via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at 605-688-4695 (please note that you may be placed on a brief hold to wait for the next available staff member to answer your call)
Non-SDSU Scholarship Checks
If you have a non-SDSU scholarship check to drop off, please
- write your student ID number on the front of the check
- endorse the check if it has been made out to you and SDSU
- leave your check in the drop-box located inside the entryway of the Enrollment Services Center or
- mail your check to SDSU Financial Aid, Box 511A, Brookings, SD 57007
If your outside scholarship check will not be here or will not be on your account by the time the bill is due (January 21st), please send our office an email asking for a deferment on your bill. Please include your student ID number, the amount of the scholarship and when you expect the check to be in or the date you dropped it off.
Complete and Drop Off Your Forms and Documents
You can submit forms to our office using one of the options below:
- Leave them in the drop-box located inside the entryway at our office in the Enrollment Services Center.
- Fax to 605-688-5882
- Mail to SDSU Financial Aid, Box 511A, Brookings, SD 57007
- Some common forms are available to complete electronically
- Upload your documents using our secure document submission
Please be sure you include your full name and student ID on any document you submit.
If you have been offered work-study there are several steps that need to be taken to secure your employment and to begin working to earn your funds. Please visit our Work-Study Student page for information on the steps you will need to take.
Additional Information About Fall Start
Visit SDSU's additional COVID-19 and Fall Start related web pages for more information:
Additional Financial Aid Help
- Learn how to Apply for Federal Financial Aid
- If your aid hasn't disbursed please visit our Why Isn't My Aid Paying page to help you determine why
- Our Question and Answer page provides answers to our most asked financial aid questions
How to View and Accept Your Financial Aid Offer