Welcome back! We are excited to have you back on campus for the semester. Visit the Office Financial Aid for additional information about financial aid processing.
Fall Semester Financial Aid
Fall semester aid will start to be applied on August 11, 2023. You can view this via your SDEPAY account.
Please check your Financial Aid Self Service Portal portal for any outstanding requirements as they can delay aid from being applied.
You can get in touch with a staff member anytime between 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday using one of the following options:
- Stop into our office located in the Enrollment Services Center. No appointment is necessary.
- Set up a appointment where you can meet with a financial aid counselor.
- Get in touch via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at 605-688-4695 (please note that you may be placed on a brief hold to wait for the next available staff member to answer your call)
Non-SDSU Scholarship Checks
If you have a non-SDSU scholarship check to drop off, please
- write your student ID number on the front of the check
- endorse the check if it has been made out to you and SDSU
- drop your check off at the Enrollment Services Center or in the Student Union Monday - Friday August 21st - September 1st 9am - 1pm
- mail your check to SDSU Financial Aid, Box 511A, Brookings, SD 57007
If your outside scholarship check will not be here or will not be on your account by the time the bill is due, please send our office an email asking for a deferment on your bill. Please include your student ID number and when you expect the check to be in or the date you dropped it off. Once SDSU gets your scholarship, it can take us up to two weeks for us to apply it to your account. We will process checks in the order that we receive them.
Complete and Drop Off Your Forms and Documents
You can submit forms to our office using one of the options below:
- Drop off in person at then Enrollment Services Center
- Fax to 605-688-5882
- Mail to SDSU Financial Aid, Box 511A, Brookings, SD 57007
- Some common forms are available to complete electronically
- Upload your documents using our secure document submission
Please be sure you include your full name and student ID on any document you submit.
If you have been offered work-study there are several steps that need to be taken to secure your employment and to begin working to earn your funds. Please visit our Work-Study Student page for information on the steps you will need to take.
Additional Financial Aid Help
- Learn how to Apply for Federal Financial Aid
- If your aid hasn't disbursed please visit Why Isn't My Aid Paying to help you determine why
- Financial aid FAQs provide answers to our most asked financial aid questions