Let’s get down to the basics
First things first. How much will a year at SDSU cost? Several things enter the picture:
- Tuition (Are you a South Dakota resident? From Minnesota? Another state? From outside the U.S.?)
- Fees (These include a general activity fee, university support fee, and other program-specific fees)
- Housing (On-campus or off-campus?)
- Meal plans(Required for first- and second-year residential students)
- Parking permit(Required if you bring a vehicle to campus)
Our cost estimate will give you the specifics.
Applying for scholarships involves three basic steps:
- Apply for admission to South Dakota State University.
- Complete the SDSU Academic Scholarship application available from your guidance counselor or the SDSU Admissions Office. One form is all you need to be considered for all academic scholarships available at SDSU. (Talent scholarships for athletics and music and ROTC scholarships require a separate application process)
- Return your scholarship application to the Admissions Office. We accept scholarship applications throughout the year, but we strongly encourage you to have yours in by January 15 of your senior year to receive priority consideration for all awards.
In addition to great scholarship opportunities, we also offer excellent financial aid packages. Unlike scholarships, which are awarded based on academic merit, financial aid is awarded based on your family’s financial need. So, you may be eligible for both. Follow these steps to apply for financial aid.
The priority date for submitting the FAFSA is March 15.