Undergraduate Nursing Programs
These recommendations are for students in the standard and accelerated programs. This requirement is for students in the in the major only. There is no computer requirement for pre-nursing students.
- Windows or Mac
- Microsoft Office (provided)
- No specific brand is recommended/required.
- There is no computer requirement for pre-nursing students.
- Laptops will be used throughout the nursing major during class time and for testing.
- It is highly recommended that you maintain a warranty on your laptop, as you will be expected to keep your computer in working order throughout your time in the nursing program.
- Netbooks are not recommended for purchase.
- Although the Support Desk is able to provide on-site technical service and support, warranty work must be done at the location specified in the terms of your warranty. There are also computer support specialists located in Brookings, Rapid City, and Sioux Falls.
- If you have question related to SDSU's computer policy/requirements, please call the Office of Information Technology at 605-688-4988. Questions for the Support Desk should be directed to 605-688-6776.